Evo Powered Mustang "EvoStang"

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nothing like ruining a perfectly good Mustang by installing a Mitsubishi engine into it. This is what happens when ricers get a hold of real cars, absolutely pathetic. Now it's basically a rolling chassis, waiting to have a real engine installed into it.

Wildman must have gotten his auto-email anytime someone on this site posts anything to do with Mitsubishi.

It's a 4G63. That is what they do.

Checkout the DSM Shootout or Buschur Racing or AMS.

Here is a Fox that ran 8's in 2013.

[yt]6jrXPhAXLIE[/yt]

It's a great combo. Solid Drag Chassis with a powerful, reliable, inexpensive motor. It's also simple and easy to work on. Compare wrenching on that to a 32v turbo...

Yup, glad someone has some knows in here.

I take it you never owned a DSM. That thing will need a rebuild every 6 passes. Evos are cool but, they sure ain't reliable at non stock power levels.

This is coming from a guy that had 2 Starions, a GTS-T and a 2003 Evo.

The downfall of most these cars/setups is the AWD. Throw in a good trans and rear end setup in lieu of AWD, and that 4g63 puts out like a desperate fat chick on prom night. There isnt a "built" transfer case solution that can withstand the abuse, sure you can throw a shep trans in there and bang gears at 8500rpm/1k awhp all day but if your transfercase cant, its only a matter of time.

I recall back in my DSM days hearing the guys at the shootout had 2-3 spare transfer cases on the ready. Easy to swap too, 5 bolts iirc and its out.

This coming from the guy with 4 dsm's (two awd, two fwd) who's helped people intentionally destroy their dsm's to justify new parts to their significant others. Those cars are more durable than you think........

Last edited:

djhtech

Established Member
Evo Powered Mustang "EvoStang"

I guess my dislike of Mitsubishi began when owning a 92' Eclipse 4G37 with 92hp. Non-stop problems, it was a nightmare.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I was expecting quite a bit of SD considering it's a 4G63 4cyl in a Mustang.

You obviously know nothing about the 4g63.

It will take more Power in stock form than pretty much any mustang motor ever until Ford figured it out with the terminator.

Your intention with this thread failed miserably.

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
I think it's badass. Not my cup of tea but I can respect the quality of work and the number it runs can't be denied. Bravo to whoever built it...

djhtech

Established Member
You obviously know nothing about the 4g63.

It will take more Power in stock form than pretty much any mustang motor ever until Ford figured it out with the terminator.

Your intention with this thread failed miserably.

Suddenly, I feel upset, that I lack more knowledge of a 4cyl Mitsubishi engine.

Which I guess means you win and I lose. Darn. :/ Congratulations on knowing more about a 4G63! Points awarded.

... next

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
lol. dont be mad at me just because your worthless attempt to be relevant on this site miserably failed.

Ive always found it strange when people try and bash fast cars (150 mph trap!!!) just because they are "4 bangers."

Pick a different hobby. You suck at this one... in a good way!

:lol:

djhtech

Established Member
I never frowned upon it being a 4cyl, I stated that I dislike Mitsubishi (4G63 included) 4cyl engines, especially one in a Mustang. Therefore, you miserably fail at comprehension. :whine:

Put in an old-school SVO 2.3 Turbo, 2.3 EB, A853 Turbo, hell even a 3SGTE then I'd actually be impressed and give a thumbs up.

Keynotes of thread:

- Fast car *YES
- Dislike engine *YES
- gimme11s bashes Ford motors prior to "figuring it out" *YES

djhtech

Established Member
[video=youtube;YhR_IiTIiLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhR_IiTIiLI[/video]

[video=youtube;cBNCT4AvzMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNCT4AvzMc[/video]

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

djhtech

Established Member
Yeah... Because the single cam svo 2.3 is a superior motor... Let alone that Toyota or dodge offering.

Please... Just stop.

4g63 is arguably the best 4 cylinder ever made. Not many around that stack up against it.

Even your neighbors in Fl agree.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/348817-best-4-cylinder-engine-ever-poll.html

Sorry, an online poll is not a determining factor of what I like, want, or what is best for me. I DISLIKE ALL Mitsubishi Motors and everything else the conglomerate produces (TV's, A/C's, Heavy Equip., etc).

End of discussion.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, an online poll is not a determining factor of what I like, want, or what is best for me. I DISLIKE ALL Mitsubishi Motors and everything else the conglomerate produces (TV's, A/C's, Heavy Equip., etc).

End of discussion.

That's real logical and mature. Your girl run off with a guy name Mitsubishi? Get fired from there? Lost your title to a GSX?

djhtech

Established Member
Let's begin:

My father was a heavy machinery operator and often used a Mitsubishi Grader. He used to let me ride when operating it, when it operated of course. He spent most of his time working on it with me watching until the company got rid of it. I figured out why later in life.

I turned of age to drive and found a steal for $200. It was a 92 Eclipse, Biggest POS ever.

Decided to chance it again, later down the line, purchased a Mitsubishi TV. Don't even get me started on this.

And to end my relationship with Mits, I actually rented a place with a Mitsubishi A/C, broke 2 times in the course of a year contract.

I've had alot of bad luck therefore I dislike Mitsubishi?

No wonder Facebook has not incorporated a Dislike button into their platform.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Let's begin:

My father was a heavy machinery operator and often used a Mitsubishi Grader. He used to let me ride when operating it, when it operated of course. He spent most of his time working on it with me watching until the company got rid of it. I figured out why later in life.

I turned of age to drive and found a steal for $200. It was a 92 Eclipse, Biggest POS ever.

Decided to chance it again, later down the line, purchased a Mitsubishi TV. Don't even get me started on this.

And to end my relationship with Mits, I actually rented a place with a Mitsubishi A/C, broke 2 times in the course of a year contract.

I've had alot of bad luck therefore I dislike Mitsubishi?

No wonder Facebook has not incorporated a Dislike button into their platform.

None of which have anything at all pertaining to the 4g63 (you said the 92 eclipse was a 1.8 i believe).

Seems logical.

That's like saying "i hate everything Ford" because their mod motor oil pump design is fragile and immediatley shits the bed once a power adder comes within 5 feet of said motor.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
None of which have anything at all pertaining to the 4g63 (you said the 92 eclipse was a 1.8 i believe).

Seems logical.

That's like saying "i hate everything Ford" because their mod motor oil pump design is fragile and immediatley shits the bed once a power adder comes within 5 feet of said motor.

It's more like

"I hate Ford because my brother once jumped his '89 Ford Ranger he bought for $500 and it bottomed out and the oil pan exploded. Total POS, Chevy for Life!"

djhtech

Established Member

Seems logical.

According to the Wizard, Mitsubishi doesn't pertain to the 4g63 engine. :dw:

Please, do me a favor and read my multi Mitsubishi failure post one more time before you attempt to process information again to output data through your nimble little fingertips.

It's more like

"I hate Ford because my brother once jumped his '89 Ford Ranger he bought for $500 and it bottomed out and the oil pan exploded. Total POS, Chevy for Life!"

Cute story bro. ^5 and E for Excellent.

The immature assumptions begin... You have no idea what I went through with that car and I don't care to explain. Do yourself a favor and don't follow the yellow brick road to side with the Wizard. Right now, both of you might as well be my newly found elementary children.

Class dismissed.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The immature assumptions begin... You have no idea what I went through with that car and I don't care to explain.

You bought a $200 Mitsubishi Eclipse. A car built by one of the most infamous Chrysler Union plants, the now defunct Normal Il. Assembly Plant as part of a ultimately failed multinational program.

You also owned said car with a completely irrelevant engine that shares nothing with the universally praised 4G63.

Crying about a housing air conditioning unit is even more unrelated.

Even if you are a "I refuse to support that crooked company" kinda guy... Unless you are buying a new Factory Crate motor or a new Mitsubishi, building a junkyard 4G63 doesn't put a dime in their pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread