Evo Powered Mustang "EvoStang"

djhtech

Established Member
Even if you are a "I refuse to support that crooked company" kinda guy... Unless you are buying a new Factory Crate motor or a new Mitsubishi, building a junkyard 4G63 doesn't put a dime in their pockets.

I am that guy, I will refuse everyway (new or used). Even if an online poll or Big Daddy Don Garlits himself deems the engine worthy, let them enjoy it.

I won't put another dime into a Mits. product, Period.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Let's begin:

My father was a heavy machinery operator and often used a Mitsubishi Grader. He used to let me ride when operating it, when it operated of course. He spent most of his time working on it with me watching until the company got rid of it. I figured out why later in life.

I turned of age to drive and found a steal for $200. It was a 92 Eclipse, Biggest POS ever.

Decided to chance it again, later down the line, purchased a Mitsubishi TV. Don't even get me started on this.

And to end my relationship with Mits, I actually rented a place with a Mitsubishi A/C, broke 2 times in the course of a year contract.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your family is prone to owning second rate poorly maintained examples. An AC? ZOMG air conditioners break all the ****ing time. A old ass mitsubishi grader? Cmon man. You bought a $200 beater 92 eclipse, what did you expect? Mitsubishi tv? Didnt even know they made those.

Both my 2nd gens were great (then again I bought high end, un-mollested, un-modded, well maintained examples) and both my 1st gens were purchased non-running due to previous owners issues, and once I had them they ran great.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/products/\

You probably use more Mitsubishi or Mitsubishi produced items (or items produced using Mitsubishi equipment/processes) than you even realize.

djhtech

Established Member
Both my 2nd gens were great (then again I bought high end, un-mollested, un-modded, well maintained examples) and both my 1st gens were purchased non-running due to previous owners issues, and once I had them they ran great.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/products/

You probably use more Mitsubishi or Mitsubishi produced items (or items produced using Mitsubishi equipment/processes) than you even realize.

I'm happy to hear you had success.

Rat Lee Goal

hello guys

i just so happen to know the 4g63 Very well .. i know about head lifting about 40+ psi of boost all that stuff .. i have had o ring blocks . with l19 head studs mls gaskets . i have not seen it in a mustang till today .. and it gave me the biggest smile .. knowing this will be the end of the transfer case issue being there are none made for it and they do GO BOOM .. like Glass .. and its game over even the auto ones ... i do not seeing this 4g63 movement being stopped . as of NOW i am preparing a build and yanking that god awful mod engine with a 2:1 rod ratio . eeeew ... no rpms for you .. rpms win races period you can have gears to adjust your top end and now seeing i will not .. ever need to rear wheel swap a dsm .. this exists and i know how to build a bullet proof 4g63 because i know how brent rau dose it and did it . cementing blocks helps alot btw .. the harmonics in the block just rattle it apart mostly + just watch the temps or those slugs start to over expand the 035 ptw . and then its all down hill . the 2.1 setup is possibly the best one to build a de-stroked 2.4 and 6 bolt- 7 bolt will not matter because your going to run a auto transmission . and i would anyways over the 3650 .. we have in our 04 gt i know the 2g head will outflow the 1g head via flow bench and the ported 2g head just outflows the 1g head because all port velocity is lost .. i have seen compound turbo setups on this engine alone making over 1000 hp . and because the fact the entire engine weights under 300lbs over 500 lb v8 and less weight means the car is going to be faster .

71catruck

Established Member
Though I don't like it I'm a mustang just because I love the sound and look of a V8 I still know it's a good engine. My dad has a 69 MGB and my brother and I are planning on a 4g63 for it. Only want like 350 HP to the wheels though.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I feel like SVTP has really matured as of late.
Ten years ago OP would have had all kinds of friends on board with bashing this thing.

Now everyone just be like "race car is race car is fun"

Personally I think its neat, no clue what the cost difference would have been to just swab a cobra block in and turbo it, would I do it well no.

Im not really into swapping different companies motors into cars but whatever

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I was browsing around a Cars For Sale group on Facebook the other evening and came across this. I had to take screenshots to share (hopefully this hasn't been posted before)... here we go:

IMG_1642.PNG

IMG_1643.PNG

IMG_1644.PNG

IMG_1646.PNG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

Thoughts?

1310408441466.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I think people do this shit strictly to piss people off. A DSM is going to be lighter, you can do a rwd conversion so I don't get the point. I stick by my statement that you should stick to the engines of the body manufacturer. You couldn't give me that car. I'd part it out and go back to stock before I'd drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread