Established Member
My Car:
Full Bolt Ons
FP Red Turbo
Cams
Stock Motor
Stock Head
Stock Exhaust Manifold
93 Octane, 25psi I made 450awhp in the summer heat with the AF's in the 11.0-11.1 range. During this race I saw 27psi with AF's in the 11.5-11.6 range. Loving this cold weather.

C6 Z06
Appeared to be bone stock

I'm driving to work last night on the garden state parwkay when I see a black Vette coming up strong in my rear view mirror. I'm crusing at 70mph waiting for the Vette to get next to me when I see the nice Z06 badge on the side. I am by myself and the Z06 driver had a passenger.

I drop to 3rd gear at 65mph and I believe the Z06 was in second as when we raced he shifted out of gear quickly. I brake boost and start to beep. We run through 3rd and all of my 4th gear and the Z06 was at my rear bumper. Line up again at 65mph with the same results.

Driver of the Z06 was very cool and we each gave the thumbs up. Turns out we have a mutual friend so I am going to try to set something up for a friendly run on video.

Now for the excuses:
1. Z06 had a passenger I didn't
2. Z06 was probably just getting into 4th gear when I am finished with 4th gear so if traffic wasn't an issue who knows if he would have came around me. My guess is maybe as I know those Z06 4th gear are monsters.

Either way a win is a win and it's cool to finally meet a down to earth C6 Z06 driver.

Note: For those wondering I will be going on the dyno again in the cold weather to see what my car makes. I am guessing it will be around 465awp.

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Very nice kill! I am surprise you can make 25psi on 93 octane though.

The stock EVO X spikes roughly 21.75psi and obviously drops off a large amount by redline, I believe I saw 14psi by redline if memory serves me correctly.

So 25psi with a more efficient turbo at that boost level is not that much. Many run 27psi and alot of people have pushed it to 30psi on pump, but that is too risky for me. One bad tank of gas and BOOM. I run a little more conservative with only 25psi and I like to keep my AF's around 11.5.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
The stock EVO X spikes roughly 21.75psi and obviously drops off a large amount by redline, I believe I saw 14psi by redline if memory serves me correctly.

So 25psi with a more efficient turbo at that boost level is not that much. Many run 27psi and alot of people have pushed it to 30psi on pump, but that is too risky for me. One bad tank of gas and BOOM. I run a little more conservative with only 25psi and I like to keep my AF's around 11.5.

I assume it has knock sensor.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Nice runs man and I like evo's as well...but to answer your question, he probably would have came around you in 4th if he can drive. Those ls7's really start breathing hard in 4th man. Trust me...i've been the victim :)

rb185afm

Established Member
120-125mph depending on how high i take it.

Really? I shift at 7800 rpm which equals 118 mph in my car. It is very irritating. One of the problem with the X is the gearing. What rpm are you shifting at? The Z will start to pull back once the Evo is forced to shift to 5th. The gearing, weight, and aero are just too much to overcome for the rally geared car. At least with similar hp numbers. This has been my experience anyway. Good kill BTW.

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Really? I shift at 7800 rpm which equals 118 mph in my car. It is very irritating. One of the problem with the X is the gearing. What rpm are you shifting at? The Z will start to pull back once the Evo is forced to shift to 5th. The gearing, weight, and aero are just too much to overcome for the rally geared car. At least with similar hp numbers. This has been my experience anyway. Good kill BTW.

I usually shift at 8k, but rev limiter is set to 8,300 rpms, so that's what I took it to when I raced this vette.

90GSXDan

Established Member
? Why the 4B11 rods cant handle high revs? You figure with ARP Rod bolts, as long as they dont stretch you dont have to worry about spinning a bearing. Unless Im missing something... I revved my IX on stock motor with just Cosworth M2's, GSC Beehives, meth @32psi, ARP Headstuds to 8500 with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread