Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Why don't we go out gather up all of the GT 500s and burn them because they are all big pieces of shit, then make a shrine to the Terminator and gather up all of them and plate them with gold and pray towards the shrine every morning and night. Then with the insurance money go out a buy new Z06s and with exhaust and camshaft upgrades and strart driving around the world really fast in order to stop its rotation and reverse it which (according to the first Superman movie) will reverse time which will allow us to make sure that the people responsible for this travisty will not be allowed to touch a slide rule or computer keyboard again and instead will use mops in their new jobs.

Evolution

Established Member
I talked to Bob at Stiegemeier, there was a little misunderstanding! I initially told Bob there was a 10 RWHP gain and a 9 RWTQ Loss from the ported blower with stock pulley, but after reviewing the data logs we weren't comparing apples to apples!

8/18/06 - When we made 500 RWHP and 502 RWTQ, the coolant temp was about 187 degrees (We made 3 back to back pulls with 10 mins cool down time)

8/21/06 - The Supercharger was overnighted to Stiegemeier to get ported

8/25/06 - The ported supercharger was installed on the GT500, while strapped to the dyno with the stock pulley.

We made a pull, which did net a 10 RWHP Gain and a 9 RWTQ Loss, but after looking at the data logs I realized the car was dynod with a lower coolant temp (155 Degrees) then when we made 500/502 (187 Degrees). So the numbers wouldn't be accurate unless we got the temp up to match the original run! So we got the car up to 187 degrees and did another pull, which netted a gain of only 2 RWHP and still a loss of 9 RWTQ!

Bob will be getting the blower back next week for the Stage IV Port. Bob has been great to work with; he dropped everything he was doing the day he received the blower from us to get it done in the time we needed it to be done! I wouldn’t bank on the low gains right now; he is experimenting and doesn’t want to take it too far, since it’s a brand new blower! We will work together to get this done right, so everyone in the future will benefit from it

I will be online for the next couple of hours, I will start a fresh thread for people to ask questions about our Shelby GT500, and I will answer them!

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Whats up with this friggin bitchfest between Term' owners and GT500 owners?!! Damn, its borderline childish. Mines faster! No! Mines faster! Mine looks better!!!! neener neener! No!!! Mine is!......... and so on and so on.

Both are cool cars and both rep the blue oval. I'm saving my hatred for the boys with the bowties and imports. Hehehehehe Just my honest 2 cents!

Zalec

Established Member
VelociTT said:
most likely... now its 45 people w/ 21 guests... oh, and Evolution is still watching this thread? I hope they are just watching the thread from their dyno computer :D

reason for so many people viewing is because this thread was posted on offtopic. (4th largest forum on the net) link to original for other OTs http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2742666&highlight=gt500

also i watched the video again. and i missed the plate they put on the blower...where is it?

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
Snorman said:
Where do some of you goofballs come up with the idea that '03/'04 owners are jealous or insecure about the GT500?

Honestly, this is such a ridiculous comment that I regularly see in this forum I have to LMFAO everytime I see it. My '03 makes well over 600rwhp (even when it had stock cats on it) and I have no intention of dumping it for a GT500. But if the GT500 turned out to be an even better incarnation of the '03/'04 car, it might be an option. I'm all for the car to live up to the hype, but it's hard to figure out when bad info is being passed.
:shrug:
S.

More like, so many people put so much money in their 03/04 Cobra then what it's worth, and prices are dropping so hard that they're basically buried in their 03/04 cobra so they want to bash the newer cobra to make themselves feel like they got the better car. i.e. boost their ego that putting 10 grand in their KB terminator is better then putting 2 grand in a brand new '07 Shelby GT500.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
More like, so many people put so much money in their 03/04 Cobra then what it's worth, and prices are dropping so hard that they're basically buried in their 03/04 cobra so they want to bash the newer cobra to make themselves feel like they got the better car. i.e. boost their ego that putting 10 grand in their KB terminator is better then putting 2 grand in a brand new '07 Shelby GT500.

It seems like the bitchfest is mostly you guys complaining about a mostly mythical bitchfest. Allot of '03/'04 owners were able to step up to the plate, especially the heavy modders because they make more money than you. What makes you think they can't step up to the plate again while your driving your 1982 whatever.

Last edited:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:

Umm how about no Scott!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
563rwhp on a MD! :bowdown: That torque curve is awesome as well, congrats and nice work. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread