Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 First Into The 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealQuick

Established Member
chuckstang said:
actually the only place a z06 could beat a gt500 is maybe a drag strip but certainly not a road coarse

mid engine :poke:

learn something new everyday :lol:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I might think about it for a few, but think I would end up with the FordGT as well.

Then again, I could buy a Z06, a boat, two jet skis with trailer, a nice commuter car and a steak dinner to reward myself!

You guys have more self control then me. I'd be all over that Ferrari

Captain Beyond

Established Member
BigJim said:
Not saying those arn't typical Z06 times but a dude named Ranger on the Corvette forums has gotten his Stock Z06 to the 11.3 range at 127. Also I read where a guy did intake, electric water pump, ported the stock heads and put a big ass cam in along with different pistons rasing the compression to 13:1:rockon: and he put down 640hp to the wheels.:pepper: By the way I would take a Ford GT over a Z06 anyday.

I agree with you that there has been faster times with both cars. I was just comparing recent head to head matchups. I believe the fastest time recorded for a bonestock GT has been 12.1 @ 131 driven by Brian Huerta in one of the mag tests. I'm sure Brian (who is a pro driver) and this Ranger guy really know how to drive. :beer:

Formula51

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
The Ford GT usually beats the Z06 in every speed test as per most of the mags.:read: Though, I will agree with you that they are probably closer in road track times. Top speed for the GT is a certified 205 mph. I've read where it has been tested at 212-213 mph. I think the top speed for the Z is 198 mph.
FYI, check out the latest issue of R&T. They have a US vs. Euro supercar showdown. I didn't get a chance to read it all. I just skipped to the 1/4 mile times and top speeds.:-D The FGT ran an 11.7 @ 126 to the Z06's 12.2 @ 118 in a head to head comparo between the FGT,Z06,Viper vs. Gallardo,F430,911(?). I believe the GT was the only car to exceed 200 mph.
They are both great cars. :beer:
I just think the GT looks a helluva lot sexier. :bowdown:

Was that a typo on the 12.2@118mph or is Road and track still unable to drive the Z06 in a straight line!?! Remember when they only trapped 116mph? Please do yourself a favor and do not EVER read Road and Track again.

Look back over the C&D and MotorTrend tests and you will see where the Z and the GT flip back and forth. 11.7 for the Z and 11.5 for the GT, then 11.7 for the GT and 11.5 for the Z. They are very close in trap speeds as well. Impressive considering the GT has the slight edge in tires and weight distribution, which explains the typically better 0-60mph times. Despite those tires, the Z is consistently higher in lateral G's and always stops shorter.

I too think the GT looks better, but not by a helluva lot.

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Terminator said:
:idea:

Mods,
I feel we need a smack down specifically for the GT500. That will give some of those that feel the need to vent a place to do so. Maybe, just maybe the Shelby forum will remain civil.
I agree, there needs to be a place for all the cry babies to whine and complain. It is like a damn broken record in here. You have to go through 10 pages of bull shit to see anything. I feel sorry for the guys at Evolution, they come here to post and get bashed for everything. It's really sad...damn give me the ban stick for one day. I don't feel we should ban them from the site but just take this section away from them. :idea:

Fourcam330

Established Member
gonein60 said:

What planet are you living on? Did you actually read any of nosup4u's posts? :kaboom:
I hope the sticks stay out, there's definitely still some cleaning to be done.
:bash:

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Was that a typo on the 12.2@118mph or is Road and track still unable to drive the Z06 in a straight line!?! Remember when they only trapped 116mph? Please do yourself a favor and do not EVER read Road and Track again.

Look back over the C&D and MotorTrend tests and you will see where the Z and the GT flip back and forth. 11.7 for the Z and 11.5 for the GT, then 11.7 for the GT and 11.5 for the Z. They are very close in trap speeds as well. Impressive considering the GT has the slight edge in tires and weight distribution, which explains the typically better 0-60mph times. Despite those tires, the Z is consistently higher in lateral G's and always stops shorter.

I too think the GT looks better, but not by a helluva lot.

I agree R&T sucks. :beer:

Schwablam!

Established Member
gonein60 said:

If you're so bored with this website then why don't you just leave. Dumbass. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminator

Established Member
2-slow said:
I agree, there needs to be a place for all the cry babies to whine and complain. It is like a damn broken record in here. You have to go through 10 pages of bull shit to see anything. I feel sorry for the guys at Evolution, they come here to post and get bashed for everything. It's really sad...damn give me the ban stick for one day. I don't feel we should ban them from the site but just take this section away from them. :idea:
I'm going to start a poll to see where it goes.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
12.1 @ 131 driven by Brian Huerta in one of the mag tests. I'm sure Brian (who is a pro driver) and this Ranger guy really know how to drive. :beer:

I think you mean 11.1.

FWIW, that is a corrected time, meaning it didn't really run that. They did the tests at Ford's APG, which I believe is at ~4000 ft. Corrected numbers seem to inflate the time/mph from what I've seen.

Now back to the outta control thread:pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread