Evolve: The game. (Xbox, Playstation and Steam)

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Are any of you guys playing the Beta? How is it?

It looks like a pretty cool game.

Seems like it won't be a game you can just run and gun on. Looks like team work will be extremely valuable.

Who plans on getting it once it comes out?

Edit: Damn I meant to post this in roadside. Mods please move it there thanks.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
I was involved in the Alpha and im gonna play it some tonight, the ALPHA was a lot of fun, really suggest trying it out!

FIVEHOE

Established Member
yeah beta should be available now for ps4 and xbox (not sure about PC). I gotta download it when I get home from work and can hopefully get a game or two in, if the download doesn't take ages

game looked pretty sick tho. Lots of strategy / teamwork

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Played the beta, for all intents and purposes it should be a jaw dropper, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm not saying it's bad, it's like expecting the Rolling Stones to come out on stage but getting Weezer instead, if that analogy makes sense to some of you. It's a good game, but it just doesn't have that "Holy crap!" mojo something like Goldeneye 007 on N64 or the original Half-Life had. I can definitely see complaints about balance, this usually occurs in games almost always where the game play is asymmetrical (i.e. different playing styles) for two different factions or sides, I predict half the people will say the Monster is OP (overpowered) and the other half will say the Hunters are the OP ones.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Played the beta, for all intents and purposes it should be a jaw dropper, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm not saying it's bad, it's like expecting the Rolling Stones to come out on stage but getting Weezer instead, if that analogy makes sense to some of you. It's a good game, but it just doesn't have that "Holy crap!" mojo something like Goldeneye 007 on N64 or the original Half-Life had. I can definitely see complaints about balance, this usually occurs in games almost always where the game play is asymmetrical (i.e. different playing styles) for two different factions or sides, I predict half the people will say the Monster is OP (overpowered) and the other half will say the Hunters are the OP ones.

thanks for the review. I kind of had the feeling this game would good, but nothing special like you said above.

And I will be curious to see how skill level influences each side. Like you said I could easily see one side or the other getting over powered, but that's probably why they released the beta

is communication key for the hunters? I was kind of wondering how non-communicative players would affect the overall strategy of the hunters

Mystic03

Established Member
Terrible game imo...most of the time you are chasing the monster in circles as it just keeps evolving stages..weapons are junk..and kinda b.s that you cant run the team you want.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Terrible game imo...most of the time you are chasing the monster in circles as it just keeps evolving stages..weapons are junk..and kinda b.s that you cant run the team you want.

I assume you are talking about how the Hunter team is locked into having one member of each class instead of letting you pick whatever class? I believe this was done for balance reasons as this would prevent a situation where you have four medics and it becomes impossible for the monster player to kill the hunters because they can heal faster than the monster can dish out damage.

If you and your Hunter team are constantly finding you are chasing down the Monster I would argue this is a failure of your Trapper, that particular team member can deploy the "mobile arena" device which creates an energy dome which the monster cannot pass, this forces the monster to fight rather than run away.

is communication key for the hunters? I was kind of wondering how non-communicative players would affect the overall strategy of the hunters

It depends, if you don't have a mic you can give rudimentary commands by setting "way points" that other players can see. From my experience, more than anything sticking together is more key than anything as an isolated Hunter is almost always doomed as the Monster has much more health. This is also made worse by the fact that as I mentioned earlier the Hunters are locked to one of each class per team, if you lose your medic for example your chances of winning drops to almost nil.

In Evolve, if you don't have five human players for a match, any position that is empty is filled with an AI player. There is a "Co-op" mode where it is four human Hunters vs. an AI monster, but I can almost guarantee you playing against a human Monster is more rewarding as even a bad human player is better than the AI, this is true for most video games. For the Hunters, you are allowed to switch or "body swap" to any team member that is an AI player, i.e. if you find your AI Assault player is getting pummeled by the Monster you can use your d-pad to "jump" to him and start playing as that character. It is entirely possible that while you are playing a character you switched to that a human player joins the game and occupies your original character, locking you to the class you "jumped" to if the match is full.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
Game doesnt always work out the way they say it will..hell try getting a decent player for a team member let alone it being randomized game is just plain garbage its seems to be very close to the game lost planet which was way better imo. Just was not happy at all with it and i played it since the day the beta was released...will not buy

Users who are viewing this thread