Ex-LEO confesses to planting evidence and stealing cash

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
http://news.yahoo.com/ex-drug-officer-says-stole-cash-planted-drugs-170947488.html
A disgraced ex-police officer testifying against his drug squad colleagues acknowledged Tuesday that he stole drug money, planted evidence and lied on police paperwork too many times to count.

Jeffrey Walker told jurors that the Philadelphia Police Department drug squad targeted white "college-boy, ... khaki-pants types" who were "easy to intimidate."

That matches the description of some of the drug dealers who have testified in recent weeks in the federal police corruption trial. The witnesses have said the squad stole as much as $80,000 at a time during illegal raids marked by threats and physical violence.

Walker, 46, said police brass applauded the drug squad because they made big arrests that made them look good. Squad leader Thomas Liciardello, the lead defendant, "produced big jobs, a lot of arrests," he said.

"They liked that, as far as the bosses and supervisors were concerned. It made them look good. It was nothing but a dog and pony show. That's all it is," Walker said.

Liciardello, he said, always got a cut of the money stolen or skimmed from drug suspects, while the others split the "jobs" they worked, Walker said.

He said he first stole money as a uniformed patrolman when he chased a dealer into a house and spotted a large bag of cash on top of the refrigerator.

"I never saw that much money. I was a young kid," Walker told jurors. "I took some money, put it in my jacket pocket."

Defense lawyers have attacked Walker's credibility and will no doubt point out on cross-examination the times he admits acting alone, even before he joined the elite undercover drug unit. He also said he developed a drinking problem and became forgetful.

Walker joined the department at about 20 and had nearly 24 years in when he was arrested in an FBI sting last year. Before then, he had refused to cooperate when the FBI asked him to speak to them about the unit.

But he changed course after being caught in the sting, accused of stealing $15,000 and planting drugs in someone's car. He has been in custody for nearly a year and hopes to avoid a life sentence through his testimony.

Walker said he once worked out of the same undercover squad car with Liciardello and Brian Reynolds but was turned out by those work friends as he went through a divorce, weight loss surgery and other personal problems.

More than 160 drug convictions have been overturned since Walker pleaded guilty, and scores of civil-rights lawsuits are pending against Walker and the defendants.

my question is how many are rotting in prison right now because of convictions based on false reports/evidence. Reminds me of that movie training day :smmon:

MysticRob

Established Member
Dayum, exactly what I thinking... Training Day. So he got religion only after getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar, sad.
He gonna get his shit pushed in now. Breathe dawg, breathe.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
after the events of the past month, body cameras need to be stander issue just like a side arm. cops have to stop protecting dirty cops

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
after the events of the past month, body cameras need to be stander issue just like a side arm. cops have to stop protecting dirty cops

wonder how long it takes for body cams to "malfunction" at the most opportune times.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Corruption has been around as long as man has walked the earth. Exploding global population just exacerbates it. No profession is exempt and it will never be eradicated.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I imagine it's gonna be kind of hard to perform undercover narcotics officer work when you're wearing a body camera. Just sayin'

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I imagine it's gonna be kind of hard to perform undercover narcotics officer work when you're wearing a body camera. Just sayin'

Haven't you heard? Drug dealers and suppliers are just misunderstood. We don't need stings or UC work anymore, just need to talk to them and offer them a path to success...on our dime.

hoamskilet

Established Member
can we get a ****in sub forum for these cop threads. Jesus Christ it feels like half of the first page in roadside every day is these stories

OhIIICobra

Established Member
LOL LOL LOL at the testimony from the “victims” (drug dealers) they robbed:

A con artist, Oxycontin user/dealer who played little league with one of the officers. They robbed him of $18K cash and bought Pizza and Chicken Wings to munch on at his house.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...onfuses_officers__amount_of_money_stolen.html

A pot dealer claiming to be under “mind control” and a target of Mafia and Mexican Drug Cartel aggression. They stole $210K cash from him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...forth_at_rogue_narcotics_officers__trial.html

I can’t wait for this to come out on DVD! :pop:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
As controversial as it is, I say do away with the war on drugs. It has proven ineffective and has only encouraged more illegal and dangerous behavior. Let employers test for drugs.
The war on drugs has exacerbated the problem, caused more crime, and spent more dollars than it is worth... and people are still manufacturing, trafficking, selling and using drugs. The only difference is, it is in the hands of criminals right now... legalize it, license it, tax it, regulate... whatever. Earn money on it, and in the process make it safer and less crime oriented.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Corruption has been around as long as man has walked the earth. Exploding global population just exacerbates it. No profession is exempt and it will never be eradicated.

This is the sad truth. The human race is too greedy/corrupt/vindictive to ever expect those with power to always treat those without power fairly.

Considering what some people do to their own flesh and blood family - rape, torture, murder, etc, it's still shocking to me what authority law enforcement is given over the general public. The desire to abuse the authority granted to them is obviously far too strong for some to resist and the only way to curb the abuse it is to either a.) reduce their power or b.) make the consequences stronger/more likely for abuse of power.

I'm sure many have heard this quote and it was not meant for law enforcement but it can certainly be applied in some instances of abuse of power.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." - Lord Acton

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread