excessive engine noise ?

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
got a ticket for excessive engine noise last night. i floored it coming out of a gas station. is this a moving violation ?
when he came up to my car he asked if there was something wrong with it, i told him no, he then asked what i was doing back there when i left the station, i told him i just floored it.
he could have cited me for more infractions but i was honest and courtious and he seemed to be in a good mood.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
he was a joplin, mo. leo. it happened there.

Joplin, Mo code of ordinances does not match that number either. Their traffic section is listed as 114-###

MO state traffic codes are in the 300's. example 304.101

:shrug:

oldmodman

Established Member
I hope your car is not really emitting "excessive engine noise"
Because if it is you must have something terrible going on in it. Broken rod flailing around, or all your pulleys cracked in half.:shrug:
But maybe it's your exhaust sound level you were written up for. That's an easy repair.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
yes he did. like i said in my first post he could have really nailed me. i am very thankful he took it easy on me.
unlike others who come in here and gripe about a ticket they knowingly deserve and try to find some way to weasle out of it, i am taking full responsibility for my actions.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
lol, there is nothing wrong with the car. i was peeling out for about a block wot. just got my new big turbo in and was "testing" it out.

Sounds to me as if he may have given you a break.

I would agree.

yes he did. like i said in my first post he could have really nailed me. i am very thankful he took it easy on me.
unlike others who come in here and gripe about a ticket they knowingly deserve and try to find some way to weasle out of it, i am taking full responsibility for my actions.

That is such a rare thing in here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread