Exhaust advice

STACKZ89

Established Member
I need some advice on a new axle back! I have an off road x-pipe and stock mufflers on the car now. I bought the bassani axle back but they sounded horrible imo. I want something loud and sounds good especially at cruising speeds! And no drone if that's possible lol I was thinking the SLP's but can't find a video of them with an off-road x-pipe.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I do not have a OR X but a OR H and Borla Touring are perfect for me. No drone and quite at cruise but hit WOT and watch out. This is on a 08 so newer years are different.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
I went Lethal O/R X with Bassani race mufflers. I can be going 75 with the top down and have a conversation but when you hit it it sounds like a nascar. Stock headers FYI

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
stock headers, o/r H, borla stingers are loud but sound good. not obnoxious or raspy

Mike

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I have stock headers, Lethal ORH, and M-5230-MSVTLA mufflers. Sounds great around town, minimal drone, and roars at WOT

Mainn

Established Member
No drone - Borla Touring. May be too quiet for you from what you've said, though. There aren't many around which are loud AND don't drone.

STACKZ89

Established Member
No drone - Borla Touring. May be too quiet for you from what you've said, though. There aren't many around which are loud AND don't drone.

I think I'm just going to go for it and put the slp's on with the o/r X and see how it is lol

Islandcat

Established Member
As was said earlier , corsa is what you looking for. No drone and will wake up the dead when you get on it.

Islandcat

Established Member
Which Corsa would that be? The extreme or the touring?

When I bought mine it was the only one they sold for the mustang so it didn't have a name. I believe it is the one they started calling the sport but not sure. It's a straight through design so it's gonna be loud regardless of which one you pick. I would call them and ask which muffler was the first one they made lol.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
When it comes to axle back exhausts, it's tough to beat the Corsa setup. Shoot me a PM with a part # you're looking for and i'd be more than happy to get you an exclusive SVTP price!

Thanks,

- M

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Years ago on my '08 I had the Corsa Off Road Extremes which I felt were harsh and very raspy.
Now I have the 3" Corsa Sports. You could look straight thru them...no restriction whatsoever.
But there's small chambers on the sides which absorb sound down low, eliminate drone and keep that deep musclecar sound.
At idle pulling in/out of the driveway and around town they can be tame as ever if you feather them......but as the guys said put your foot in them and they BARK.....stomp on the gas and they roar like you're in Jurassic Park.

Attachments

• Corsa Sport Cutout.jpg
    Corsa Sport Cutout.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
nevermind - found the info in the Corsa catalog

no 3" option for the 2007-2010 GT500

wonder what it would take to get the 2011-2012 set up to work

Last edited:

axo250

Established Member
I have an o/r x with borla s-types. I also ran it with an o/r h. I didn't notice drone with either setup. It's definitely loud and aggressive but still a good sound. I think any catless system is going to be less refined with something other than a borla touring or equivalent muffler.

Suess00

Established Member
Anyone run the roush catback system? I been trying to decide between roush and borla but also not sure if Borla S or Borla ATAK would work. I been reading good things about all of them but haven't heard any in person and I have all stock 11 Shelby

will2115

Established Member
nevermind - found the info in the Corsa catalog

no 3" option for the 2007-2010 GT500

wonder what it would take to get the 2011-2012 set up to work

I've been wondering the same thing. Has anyone put 3inch 2011-14 axle backs on a 07-09 GT500?

Suess00

Established Member
Also I had a question, does anyone have or have seen the black Borla tips for the S type exhaust? I'm trying to decide to either get the black ones or chrome ones. My Shelby is black with white stripes so was thinking of blacking it out but not sure how it will look back at the exhaust valance with the black tips.

Users who are viewing this thread