• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Exhaust hanging way to low

Discussion in 'Mach 1' started by DanteDalaunte, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DanteDalaunte

DanteDalaunte New Member

So I got coil overs and put them to the lowest setting which I know that’s too low and I will raise them. (My headers and x pipe we’re constantly scraping on the road today, won’t be driving until I can get it on a lift.) But even before I lowered her the exhaust just was always so low. It’s BBK headers, x pipe, the Borla s type.

Just curious if anyone has had this same build and problem or if anyone has any solutions.

2. dlaude

dlaude Active Member Established Member

This is the classifieds section, may want to shoot a moderator a PM to ask them to move this for you into a tech section.

In response to your issue, I've had similar issues to yours actually. I've found a little bit of luck raising up the exhaust by loosening the header to mid-pipe connection and mid-pipe to catback connection. Prop the exhaust up as high as you can with a jackstand or something similar, and prop it up in a few locations. Then working at header/mid-pipe connection first, then the mid-pipe/catback connection, tighten the exhaust as tight as you can. This has helped me in the past, but it still sagged a little after I took the jackstand out from under it, but it was higher up than before. Good luck!