Exhaust Pipe Lower on One Side

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
While looking under my car today, I noticed that the left (drivers side) exhaust pipe towards the front where the converter is hangs lower than the right side. Is that normal?
If not, I'll try to loosen and move it. What do you think?

B

blown03cobra

evilcartman has the same problem,,,, his LEFT REAR exhaust hanger was bent incorrectly and was letting it hang lower than it should be..... Easily fix for a exhaust shop or you if you can bend it upward with something (pliers??)

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I don't think mine has anything to do with a bent hangar in the rear. I just think the whole cat system with the crossover pipes were welded wrong. Some sloppy work on Fords supplier.

B

blown03cobra

thing is, when he put up his magnaflow it did the same... it was the hangar which was his problem,,, had it not been, the magnaflow would have gone up fine

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Looking at the car from the rear, the 2 exhaust pipes are even. It's when I look under my car from the side that I can see that the left side lower catalyst is at least an inch lower then the right catalyst. I also noticed that the left lower catalyst is positioned on a different angle than the right lower catalyst. The right catalyst is nice and level whereas the left catalyst is almost straight up and down. Anyone elses the same way? Is that how they are supposed to be mounted?
I know I've seen pictures somewhere on the www where someone took photos of their car when they received it and there were a few of the stock exhaust. I just wish I could find them now.

Users who are viewing this thread