• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Exhaust video and pics/custom setup!

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by 04-OW-COBRA, Mar 8, 2014.

1. 04-OW-COBRA

04-OW-COBRA Member Established Member

I've had quite a few questions on what my exhaust setup consists of so i figured I'd share, and i recently changed up the tips by shortening them and coating them black with the high temp paint. Vid is after car had been idling for about 5 min.

Dynatach long tubes
    3" O/R X
    Roush Extreme catback, which is pretty much just resonators.
    Dr. Gas Freq Mod mufflers in place of where the stockers are located.

VIDEO 08 GT500 Custom Exhaust - YouTube

Newtips1.gif
    newtips2.gif

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. 1320 Junkie

1320 Junkie Active Member Established Member

Only issue I see is the tips might discolored your vapor silver to a brownish hue because the tips are almost flush vertically. Even a 1/2" more aft would help quell that. Otherwise I love it...I base coat/clear coated mine black last year...I get tons of compliments on them as you will too.

3. Red-GT500

Red-GT500 Needs More Torque! Established Member

Sounds Great! Nice and deep down low with a dash of "Holy Hell What Was That?" When you rev it up. I like it!

4. heatsoaked12

heatsoaked12 Member Established Member

I have never heard an aftermarket exhaust sound I like better than stock because of all the popping,drone and raspyness other systems come with. That being said, this exhaust is the ONLY sound that I believe should have come from factory!!! wow wow wow. It has every part of exhaust note that I like from factory, only deeper and louder!!! Should I ever upgrade my exhaust Ill be looking back to this thread for the exact recipe! Thanks for posting!:rockon:

5. zporta

zporta KB INSIDE Established Member

sounds good on the lower idle. the higher rpm is when the rasp starts to come out. would love the hear that with an H

6. Randy5.0

Randy5.0 Member Established Member

Sounds perfect.

7. 04-OW-COBRA

04-OW-COBRA Member Established Member

I need to get a vid of it after i have been driving it a while. The little rasp and snap that is initially there goes away and its pure smooth. I can't express enough how much long tubes smooth out the exhaust tone, plus add great hp and tq. I wanted to see if these mufflers were at all restrictive so i did back to back dyno pulls with the exhaust and then disconnected it after the x to see if i was choking it. Well i actually lost 3 hp while it was disconnected so these mufflers really do work. They are not advertised a lot but the guy is here local in Utah and knows what he's doing. He actually had the Nascar contract for a while.

Thanks for all the compliments. I don't think the exhaust will cause my paint to change either. On my Coyote i have the GT500 a.b. on it and the tips on that are in about the same spot and i have no issues at all with the paint on that.

8. punisherser

punisherser the real STIG Established Member

I think it sounds lovely