• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

explain this to me (guns/obama)

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by v8venomgt, Nov 5, 2008.

1. v8venomgt

v8venomgt Member Established Member

i know obama wants to tighten the belt up on gun control and limit what is and isnt out there even more than what it is. my question is, realistically when can we expect those change to go through? ive read many times people wanting to buy xxx gun before obama "takes them all alway" lol. i just received my foid card today, but dont want to drop the cash on a handgun just yet

2. SLOW95

SLOW95 SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP! Established Member

I cant tell you a date but your from IL like me and I will tell you this guy HATES GUNS and other things which of course im going into. I would say buy ASAP just becaue you dont know what will happen thats why I am doing every thing I can to buy now. Incase you dont know IL is one of the few states that does the Foid card that I know of if that gives you a idea.

3. Jack32v

Jack32v Slow Lane.. Established Member

What is a FOID card and whats the purpose for it?

4. GSPsnFORDs

GSPsnFORDs Member Established Member

FOID = Firearm Owner Identification Card. It 'gives' you the right to buy a firearm and ammunition in the state of Illinois...issued by the State Police. You are required to have one if you want to buy one or the other. It's valid for 5 years...basically a license to own and shoot guns...more or less a drivers license, in a sense. A background check is done before it is issued. A small fee is paid...believe it has been approx. $7. I'm not so much opposed to it (except when Gov. Blago wanted to make the fees $500/yr.) but it does have its good and bad points when looking at the overall anti/pro gun arguement.

5. Jack32v

Jack32v Slow Lane.. Established Member

Thanks!

6. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Resident Hippie Established Member

Some people are just paranoid and scared that they won't be able to tote around assault rifles when they go out for dinner. Obama has consistently asserted his belief in the right to bare arms, but that we need to use common sense in regulation - like that you shouldn't be able to walk out of a gun show in a high school cafeteria with a shotgun in downtown Detroit because you paid for it fair and square. He voted for the Vitter Amendment which prohibits the confiscation of firearms in the event of a disaster. This stemmed from Katrina where the New Orleans Chief of Police ordered a confiscation of all firearms from citizens remaining in the area. He isn't going to steal your guns...so the stock piling of guns is a bit ridiculous unless you decide to start up a Militia based in Waco, TX. Have fun with that if you do.

7. 03DOHC

03DOHC Moderator Established Member

Says you. How the hell do you know what he is or isn't going to do? Do you have any clue what happens when dems take power? Is this your first election?

8. 01GTvert

01GTvert New Member Established Member

You sure about the contents of the vitter amendment? Says here it's a pro life policy that disqualifies private agencies that provide chemical or surgical abortions from receiving grants or contracts under the Title X family planning program.....

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=305

9. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

wow thats gay

10. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Resident Hippie Established Member

Same goes back to you then...How the hell do you know what he is or isn't going to do? All we can go on is what he has said, and that is that he supports Americans' right to bare arms with sensible regulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitter_Amendment

11. 03DOHC

History. Biden. dems. I had my FFL before klinton took office. After he was elected my books with stupid ass laws quadrupled in size. That's how I know.

That's a crock of shit. Since when do politicians tell the truth? And WTF is "sensible regulation"? Sounds like something straight out of hitlers guide to **** up a free country.

Do you own a gun?

12. iCEMANSGCCC

iCEMANSGCCC Banned

Dear pot, meet kettle. Who are you to say what Obama is going to do? The man has personally said that he isn't going to take away firearms. Do you have any clue what happens when you say something stupid without thinking it through?

13. 03DOHC

History says it will happen. Do you have any clue when you say something stupid? Is this also your first election?

Do you own a gun?

14. iCEMANSGCCC

iCEMANSGCCC Banned

History doesn't mean anything. Do you have any clue when you say something stupid by using history when we obviously have never had our guns taken away in our lifetime with a democratic President?

What does me owning a gun have to do with you saying something stupid?

15. 03DOHC

Really?

It tells me you don't have a clue what I am talking about.

16. iCEMANSGCCC

iCEMANSGCCC Banned

Yes really

And we have never had our rights to own guns taken away, what in the world makes you think it will happen now? Obama has said time and time again he doesn't want to take away the right to bear arms. YOU are the one that has no clue what you're talking about.

17. 03DOHC

If you don't own a gun how do you know whether or not guns have been affected by legislation in the past? Oh that's right history doesn't matter and you don't own a gun.

18. 03DOHC

And since history doesn't matter I guess these people will be voting PRO GUN in the future, right? Or will history repeat itself once again. Nah, history doesn't matter.

Top 10 Anti-Gun Representatives

Ranked by the National Rifle Association.

10. Sheila Jackson Lee (D.-Tex.):

Always prepared to offer anti-gun amendments, whether they're relevant to a bill or not.

9. Diana DeGette (D.-Colo.):

A reliable fixture at press conferences on any anti-gun initiative. Wants to hold gun manufacturers liable for the illegal use of firearms.

8. Mike Castle (R.-Del.):

Consistent sponsor of anti-gun legislation. One of only six House Republicans to vote against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that restricted reckless anti-gun lawsuits.

7. Anthony Weiner (D.-N.Y.):

Promotes New York City gun laws (among the most restrictive in the nation) as a model for the rest of the country.

6. Carolyn McCarthy (D.-N.Y.):

Sponsor of unsuccessful legislation to drastically expand the "assault weapon" ban of 1994-2004 to cover even more guns. Gun-control supporters claimed a crime wave would ensue after the ban's demise, but violent crime instead fell to a 30-year low.

5. Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.):

A reliable vote for anti-gun legislation, and poised to put anti-gun bills at the top of the agenda if she becomes Speaker.

4. Jim Moran (D.-Va.):

One of only four representatives who voted against requiring that, in the event that a prospective firearm purchaser is rejected by the national background check system, the government must tell the person why.

3. Zoe Lofgren (D.-Calif.):

Always ready to lead the "Million Moms" on the House floor in favor of any anti-gun legislation, no matter how extreme.

2. Henry Waxman (D.-Calif.):

Like the child who can’t understand the meaning of "no," Waxman is the congressman who most frequently turns to the GAO to conduct studies designed to support "gun control" schemes he knows do not have support in Congress.

1. John Conyers (D.-Mich.):

The only current House member who voted for the Gun Control Act of 1968, has been a vocal opponent of 2nd Amendment rights ever since.

19. iCEMANSGCCC

iCEMANSGCCC Banned

Have they voted anti-gun in the past? If so, where did it get them?

20. 03DOHC

You're the expert, you tell me.