• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

explain this to me (guns/obama)

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by v8venomgt, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Jack32v

Jack32v Slow Lane.. Established Member

I sometimes don't agree with what you say but by far the best thing you have posted. As for your mother I am sorry to hear that, My neighbor in CA was at the same camp, his brother was operated on by Mengele, he lost the use of his legs and has since been in a wheelchair. I have talked with them many times and the stories I have herd , and the pain in his eyes will always be burned into my memory. Just thinking about it makes my heart heavy.

2. harry gilbert

harry gilbert Diehard Ford Fan Established Member

The Democrat retards in Washington D.C. also define any firearm with a magazine as a machine gun, since it theoretically could be made to hold more than 10 rounds. Machine guns are banned, so they seek to ban all guns with magazines there. THAT'S how they manipulate and misinterpret the law to deprive people of their rights.

Just like the Democrat retards in Kalifornia redefined any rifle that had certain cosmetic features as an "assault rifle", and banned them.

3. matab14

matab14 pop up and do less.... Established Member

They actually just recently upped it to every 10/yr and it's $15 fee.....I only know this cuz I just had mine renewed. It kinda sucks having it but it makes it alot harder for someone who doesn't need to own a gun to buy one for sure.

4. dirty_canadian

dirty_canadian Team Beast Coatings. Established Member

Every one of my weapons is considered illegal under 1022, and i seriously doubt the government will get a single one of them in my lifetime is all i have to say. they tried to take our guns away in Canada and we still have them at the farm, most likely a stockpile big enough to land me in a pen up there, i moved to Tx when they got strict up there, im buying more guns now and currently building one with a happy switch, **** libs and **** u iceman. "history doesnt mean anything" ha go end yourself.

5. SynMan5.0

SynMan5.0 Active Member Established Member

I love living in Wyoming. The wind is annoying, but I can deal with that.

6. SWThomas

SWThomas El Cazador Established Member

Wow! What a joke that law is. It can be interpreted any number of ways...:nonono: Typical liberal BS.

7. LSUstang05

LSUstang05 New Member Established Member

It worked in the past, though! :lol1:

8. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

So, are you trying to make your point or 03DOHC's point? Obama obviously believes in gun control, that is not in question, only the extent to which we think he might take it. He says that we "can" have "reasonable gun control" but at the same time he supports the decision made in DC to ban handguns entirely. Political double speak and BS.

Strict gun control laws are NOT the answer. :bash:

9. STG

STG Banned

Somewhere is Nebraska there's a big pile of crap that's blown over from Wyoming.
    :dancenana:

10. txyaloo

txyaloo New Member Established Member

Wow, this entire thread makes my head hurt. The quote above shows how ill informed you are regarding previous "gun control" legislation.

The previous and proposed legislation doesn't just require "a few more signed papers". They completely ban firearms based on "evil" features. Explain to me how a bayonet lug, collapsible stock, or a pistol grip make any firearm more dangerous. Yes, they may look more "menacing" in that form, but they are not ANY more dangerous than a semiautomatic hunting rifle.

Then take a look at the other bans on specific firearms and not just features - NFA34, GCA68, FOPA84. These pieces of legislation required registration of certain types of firearms (short barrel rifles/shotguns, suppressors, automatic firearms) and made ownership of newly produced ones illegal. Even though, due to these pieces of legislation, new automatic firearms are illegal for citizens to own, they are still made illegally on the streets and used in crimes. The legislation has just stopped legal gun owners from being able to purchase the firearms unless they have deep pockets.

Banning or even tightening restrictions on gun ownership is not the answer. We only need to look to Australia, the UK, Europe, and Japan to see this.

11. Jack32v

^^^ Great post.

Any one have the video of some news caster talking to some bitch politician about gun control and the news caster ask her about why she wants a certain gun part banned and she doesn't even know what said part does... I tried a google search but I can't seem to find what I am looking for...

12. FNsweetS3

FNsweetS3 Crazy Gun Bunny!!! Established Member

Every gun I have taken off the streets has been stolen. The criminal I arrested got a slap on the wrist and sent home. It was rare because of our revolving door Justice system for them to do any serious time - except in rare occasions.

We don't need more gun laws..... ENFORCE THE ONES WE HAVE.

I have never.... not once in 12 years as a Cop/Federal Agent arrested a legal firearm owner who used their weapon in the commission of a crime..... NEVER!

13. 01vert

01vert Active Member Established Member

The "one murder from happening can be used against almost ANYTHING in the world.

SO in that vein, we should not allow teenagers to drive since they have a higher rate of MV deaths, correct? We should get licenses for having a kid, and have to take classes before since that should help people have less infant deaths and make sure the mother is eating a government approved diet. We should ban amusement parks as people die there when on rides, and we can easily avoid that by closing them, after all no one NEEDS to go to an amusement park.

How about his speech during the DNC where he talked about taking "assault weapons" away from gangs. This in the past ment legislation against semi auto rifles, against "armor piercing" ammo ie: any big game hunting round and more. Against magazines that hold ammo. All in all the law abiding people get shafted and those that break laws continue to break them over and over and are the "poor victims" of society.

Considering more regulation, why not ban any vehicle over say 125 hp? it is excessive and unnecessary, just like sportbikes and any car that can travel over 85 mph. You should look at gun legislation in the same vein as similar "Common sense" regulation against things like horsepower in cars and the sale of alcohol and tobacco.

BTW, HP, cigs and booze are NOT mentioned in the bill of rights, ownership of firearms IS

Guns are regulated enough, since the GCA of 68 we are awash in legislation.

14. STG

STG Banned

If just one migrane can be prevented, if just one child doesn't have to read one more idiotic post....

I say take away iCEMANSGCCC's internet access and neuter him.

Do it to save future generations!:dancenana:

15. Silver04Cobra

Silver04Cobra Go Faster Established Member

I want to own a .50 cal barrett, 25 handguns, 60 assalt rifles, 40 shotguns, and all the ammo and high capacity magazines i can fit into my gunsafe...

why?

because I am a law abiding, responisible American that believes that I have the right to own any firearm, no matter what it looks like, or what it can do... and I don't want any person, no matter if they think it is right or wrong, taking that right away from me... whether it be in a straightfoward "you can't have this" law or the fancy "this is now a machine gun" law.

I am not surprised anymore these days when I see someone slowly giving up rights due to "just having to do a few more things to get this stuff than i used to have to do"...

Cattle... they question nothing.

16. timpryor

timpryor Turbo'd ST Established Member

dude its the shoulder thing that goes up.

There is a difference between Armor piercing ammo and big game rounds. AP ammo is illegal to own in TX anyways.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  17. Robert Francis

Robert Francis Well-Known Member Established Member

"reasonable gun control" - does anybody know exactly what does that mean? It sure sound like typical "doublespeak" used by politicians, in this instance by Obama, to pander to certain groups of people to get their votes.

For those interested: Obamas, Biden's, and Obamas new chief of staff, Emanual, records on all gun control, ammunition bills, and concealed carry permits they've voted on over the years can be found. And you can check with the NRA and they will tell you exactly what legislative bills all three have voted on, for and against over the years.

When you check all this out rather than just listen to peoples opinions, you can get good a real idea exactly where these three stand on any gun control, ammunition control, and concealed carry permit. This is "their" factual record! What "they" claim they stand on over the years! After you check all this out you'll have a good idea what they will try and do if they can, by their own past positions, and you then can make a better decision on how quickly you may need to make a gun purchase.

PS: If you dont think certain rights can't be taken away - just go back and check world history for a hundred or so years back. Don't take peoples words for it - hit the library and check out world history, for say, maybe 100 years back. One of the things that will often stand out is that peoples in those countries and times thought the same as many people here: that it "can't happen here. But it did happen to them and could happen here.

18. A2V2NV

A2V2NV New Member Established Member

"it can never happen"

The citizens of Rome once thought as you do. Where is The Roman empire now?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore, as I used to have a few guns, but I can't find them. Sucks that I lost them.

~Joe

19. Jack32v

huh? so do you know were I can find the video?

20. timpryor

timpryor Turbo'd ST Established Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo"]YouTube - What is a barrel shroud?[/ame]