• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

explain this to me (guns/obama)

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by v8venomgt, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TexRob

TexRob Active Member Established Member

LMFAO!! That Stupid B**** wants to Ban a feature on a Firearm and she has no clue what it is! :nonono: Not surprising in the least.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. black96snake

black96snake New Member Established Member

I want to own RPG's, .50 cal sniper rifles, tanks, assault rifles, switch blade knifes, and anything else that my heart desires.

Oh and I don't want to pay more taxes on anything. You need more money to run this country? Don't waste what we give you, use common economic sense.

3. Jack32v

Jack32v Slow Lane.. Established Member

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Thanks for posting it! :beer:

Edit: "Do you know what a barrel shroud is?":dw: "No I don't, its the thing that goes up":??::loser::kaboom: "No, no it's not":bored::bash::poke: OWNED!!! Dumb ass politicians FTL:fm:

4. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member Established Member

Welcome to the world of CA gun laws.... God this place sucks for guns and cars.

5. werstlna

werstlna Member Established Member

This makes my blood boil. VT was/is a "Gun Free Zone" meaning no one abiding by the law could have a gun on campus. This is a giant neon welcome sign to the lunatics who do not care how many gun restrictions the rest of us have to follow. They know they will be the only ones armed for several minutes until police arrive.

To follow your logic, we should allow CCW on campus because it can't be a bad thing if it helps just one murder from happening. If we allow CCW on campus, however, it actually WILL reduce crime because: a) the deterrent effect because psychos know someone may be armed to stop them and they won't be able to have a huge glorious body count, b) having someone legally possess a CCW gives them at least the option to protect themselves and perhaps others from psychos, c) in order to obtain a CCW you must pass background check, get finger printed, go through training, pass accuracy test, etc, and d) we live in a free country where our Constitution and Bill of Rights recognize and protect the innate right to arming ourselves for self defense.

Be very careful about which rights you are willing to allow the government to control. Once we relinquish control of our rights it is incredibly difficult to get them back. Take a serious look at history. Every single tyrannical regime of the 20th century has registered then restricted firearm ownership of the populace before and during their reign. They know that an unarmed population is much more likely to comply with further degradation of their rights.

6. HighPSI

HighPSI New Member Established Member

Let me break it down for you then. Because the right to bear arms is our individual right as an American. Now granted there were still limited gun types in 1787 it does not say we have the right to only bear this type and not that type or can only acquire a certain amount in a period of time. Why? Because it's unconstitutional and thus VOID.

To the gay marriage argument. Before we get into it let me just ask a couple of questions.

1. Who created marriage?

2. Who was it created for?

7. wvmystichrome

wvmystichrome Active Member Established Member

I have read your posts in several threads on here. The only thing I can say to you. Number one you are very misinformed. Number two is you are so blind you could not see truck heading in your direction that is going to hit you at full speed. I can understand being misinformed but being blind by all the media. I hate to see people who WILL NOT open their eyes to see what is being presented right in front of them.

OBTW on the NO chief conficating the guns. A lot of law abiding citizens never got theirs back.

8. ryans01

ryans01 Vacation in Iraq Established Member

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.2

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

9. Luckyeod28

Luckyeod28 major league infidel Established Member

I haven't read the next 3 pages yet so this may have been brought up.....

But if anyone of the 20 VT students that class would have had a handgun at the time, that would have been over much sooner. The problem is not solved by taking guns away, its solved by more law abiding citizens carrying them and not being victims.

10. 1999-COBRA-6661

1999-COBRA-6661 [S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam Established Member

Guns don't kill people.

11. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

So are all these new gun laws going to stop illegal Mexicans from smuggling weapons over the border?

You say our society won't again allow the mistakes we've made in the past, but yet 62mil people ignorantly voted a man in office that is willing to make this same mistake. They also voted in a Congress that supports him completely.

If you want to save lives please go seal yourself in a concrete box and keep your ignorant comments to yourself. You're way over your head in a discussion you know nothing about and your ignorant views are dangerous to our society.

12. txyaloo

txyaloo New Member Established Member

Umm they're smuggling them out of the country, not in.

13. GHIG RTR

GHIG RTR Banned

I got this from another site that had the same arguement.

Fellow Sportsman,
    Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle
    Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama’s attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners and forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama
    voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let’s not forget Obama’s pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN’s international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people’s money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I’m sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called “American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)” talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash. The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I’d like to remind you that I’m a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation’s outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him. That’s the Barack Obama I know.

Sincerely,
    (original signed)
    Richard A. Pearson
    Executive Director
    Illinois State Rifle Association

14. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Active Member Established Member

If you think that's bad look at this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540439

:uh oh:

15. svtfocus2cobra

Lol, ok bad example. But if guns were made illegal here then they would be smuggled back in by gangs and such wouldn't they?

16. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Active Member Established Member

Unilateral wars do:idea:

17. txyaloo

txyaloo New Member Established Member

It's quite possible, but if guns are so easy to get in Mexico, why are people smuggling them in from the US? Criminals are going to get a firearm if they want it through whatever means they have to take.

18. WP64

WP64 I Couldn't Care Less... Established Member

Any NRA/ILA members get this one e-mailed to them today?

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In"

Read NRA/ILA Alert here -
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4227

Time to stockpile weapons and ammo in a undisclosed location and you may want to seperate the firearms 'they' know you have from the ones 'they' don't know you have.

Obama's deceit and gun ban folly wil be the means to the Dems. demise just as it was in '94, viva the second coming of the Republican Revolution. Bring it on Barry :fm:

Word

19. James Snover

James Snover The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co Established Member

Just one murder prevented makes it all worthwhile? Great. How about two-million prevented robberies, assaults, murders and rapes? That would have to be an incredibly good thing, right, if it is all worth it just for one prevented murder?

The good news is: about two-million times a year citizens use guns to prevent themselves and their loved ones from being victims of crimes. In the majority of cases no shots are fired, just seeing the citizen with a gun is often enough to make a criminal break off the attempt and flee the scene. So you could make the point that armed citizens, in may cases, are even saving the lives of criminals.

If you go by the logic of just one life saved, you would, in good conscience, insist on every eligible citizen be armed with guns, if it means saving two-million lives. And if all citizens were armed, that number of lives saved would only go up, making it even better than one life, or two-million lives, saved.

I always wonder why the anti-gunners logic never leads them to this conclusion? Could it possibly be that they aren't working from logic? But rather, from an agenda, maybe?

Jim Snover

20. svtfocus2cobra

I was thinking more along the lines of automatic weapons that probably get smuggled in by the drug cartels and crooked military personnel that work for them. I figure if they are trafficking drugs they're probably also bringing a lot of weapons over too.