Extended Reach Lug Nuts

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
What vendors carry the Extended Reach Lug Nuts?

Previous Owner was running 10.5 x 17 AFS wheels with 315 using a 1/4" Maximum Motorsports spacer and the stock lug nuts.

I am not sure I am comfortable with the OEM lug nuts.

Looking for some extended reach lug nuts.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member

I don't have the longer wheel studs... so not sure why I need open ended lug nuts.

My problem is the OEM studs with 1/4 spacer make me nervous. I read at Maximum ( I think) that as long as I have engagement on 6 of my lug threads I am ok. But I know back in 03 when I was on this trail (bought the rims and lugs but never installed) they made extended reach lug nuts. I just can't find them anymore.

getblowd

FTMFW
Established Member
Lethal sells the lug nuts individually but you will most likely have to call em up to order then
Think they are like 5-6$ a pop

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
xtended lug nuts are rubbish, save yourself an eventual headache, stock lugs are fine for 1/4 spacer, torque to spec, drive a few hundred or thousand miles and check torque, no change, you are fine, when time and money permits, switch to longer studs and use a bigger spacer like 3/8 or 1/2, or you can always use your 1/4", there is more than enough thread emgagement with 1/4 spacers, check and you'll see for yourself

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Correction....

Is the front/rear Moroso wheel studs on Lethals site what is needed if running spacers?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

That technically is not an extended reach lug nut. What the OP is looking for is a Gorilla E.T. style lug nut 68087 available at Summit Racing:

Gorilla Automotive 68087 - Gorilla Lug Nuts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

You need to have a minimum of ten complete rotations for lug nut engagement with a 1/2"-20 thread. If you can't get that, you need longer studs or thinner spacers.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Lethal replied to my question and said with 1/4" spacers my stock lug nuts would be fine.

They will sell their lug nuts separately at $2 per but I need to place my order by phone.

Thanks all for the input.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I hated the extended lugs I got. Ran the 1/4" spacer and X lugs and they never sat right, always felt like a gamble with them.

Recently got a 1/2" spacer and studs. Worth it IMO

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I hated the extended lugs I got. Ran the 1/4" spacer and X lugs and they never sat right, always felt like a gamble with them.

Recently got a 1/2" spacer and studs. Worth it IMO

I've run extended reach lug nuts for track use for over ten years on my 2000 Cobra R without a single issue.

Some wheels are not large enough to accept the nose diameter and you need to drill or ream the wheel out so the nose actually goes through the lug nut bore of the wheel. This could be what you ran into, not sure. :shrug:

If you're real close on thread engagement the extended reach lug nuts are a great solution to a problem.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread