F*#king IRS blew out tonight (pix)

gud2goe

Established Member
just do it yourself jack up the car and you should have full access...the brace comes with full instructions not real hard...just make sure you have metric wrenchs\sockets

if still not in the game take it to a friend who might have an idea..dont pay to have it installed

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
+one billion in support of THE brace! (I didn't realize Joe Lynch was involved with its development, too.)

03'Darin

Established Member
I'm doing the full IRS bushing kit right now. I wasn't going to do the IRS brace because I don't do much drag racing. But up here pops another post of a broken cover. That's it!! Ordered my brace today. :thumbsup: Now Doug, any chance you can get it out to me before next Friday like they said?? :-D

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
Check the tail end of this thread out for some very good info. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160766

I have a spare IRS and have installed everything except the center section bushings (which I'll be doing in a week or two when I swap the rears). Let me know if you need any specific info. I see your in Hershey. I'm in Duncannon. By any chance does JR Moyer work on your car?

Darin

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
03'Darin said:
Check the tail end of this thread out for some very good info. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160766

I have a spare IRS and have installed everything except the center section bushings (which I'll be doing in a week or two when I swap the rears). Let me know if you need any specific info. I see your in Hershey. I'm in Duncannon. By any chance does JR Moyer work on your car?

Darin

Funny you ask, JR inspected my Cobra today, does some work, Jesse his mechanic the majority, we race with those guys at Beaver springs!!!

03'Darin

Established Member
RJM03Cobra said:
Funny you ask, JR inspected my Cobra today, does some work, Jesse his mechanic the majority, we race with those guys at Beaver springs!!!

If your the one I met up there (Beaver Springs) I think I gave you the information to this site. I know JR very well and was pitted right by him. I have the DSG 03' Cobra and was up there last summer. I'm the guy that rolled through the lights in the left lane. :cuss: Didn't know the lane rolled forward.

Darin

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
03'Darin said:

Darin

Good thread info on the bushings, should be doing mine in about 2 weeks (Jesse will ) may have to call you,do you know JR? where do you sell -Maguires? thanks, Rich.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
03'Darin said:
If your the one I met up there (Beaver Springs) I think I gave you the information to this site. I know JR very well and was pitted right by him. I have the DSG 03' Cobra and was up there last summer. I'm the guy that rolled through the lights in the left lane. :cuss: Didn't know the lane rolled forward.

Darin

Yes we met that night, looks like you have been working on your car since then it was almost stock as I recall!!! Going up this year?

03'Darin

Established Member
RJM03Cobra said:
Good thread info on the bushings, should be doing mine in about 2 weeks (Jesse will ) may have to call you,do you know JR? where do you sell -Maguires? thanks, Rich.

I know JR well. I got to know him right after I started selling cars here at Maguires back in 86'. I have sold most of the family for almost 20 years now. I work at Maguires in Duncannon.

I don't have any plans as of now to drag race this year. I'll be doing some more open track road course stuff as usal though.

Let me know if those guys need any info with the bushing install. JR has my number.

Darin

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
03'Darin said:
I know JR well. I got to know him right after I started selling cars here at Maguires back in 86'. I have sold most of the family for almost 20 years now. I work at Maguires in Duncannon.

I don't have any plans as of now to drag race this year. I'll be doing some more open track road course stuff as usal though.

Let me know if those guys need any info with the bushing install. JR has my number.

Darin

Thanks, will do, Rich.

Hissnhoss

1 Rotation @ A time....
Established Member
A lot of guys try running with low fuel levels making more hop, Try at least half tank of fuel and reduce wheel hop!

Charles236

Established Member
I just finished installing the Billetflow brace. It is a very easy install, didn't take an hour even using hand tools. It is the best insurance that you can get for the IRS cover. I don't drag race my car, but there are many situations on the streets where it is possible to have a sudden loss, than regaining, of traction, which gives the same shock effects as wheelhop.

Sea Ya

Established Member
postban, with your setup for wheelhop what kind of 60' could you
get down to & still have your diff. live a long happy life???yes i did
a search didnt like what i found

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
That's why I'm thankfull I was able to get one of these masterpieces and not have to worry anymore.
rearendcoverinstall040.jpg

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
GodStang said:
Holy crap dude stats on that brace/cover. how much does it weigh?
Don't know the actual weight but it's billet alumimum and my memory tells me it wasn't that heavy,but the piece of mind is worth the extra weight.

Users who are viewing this thread