Established Member
Okay so Scott and I measured it up today and this is what we got:

IMG_2386.jpg

CopyofIMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

This is a tight fit and as you can see all you would need to do is hone the top not very much at all. We could take out the shims but they are close already. I don't know if Todd could shed some light on this issue if it would be a bad idea to take one tenthousand of the caliper or not. I can't see it being an issue, but I am not a brake tech.

Last edited:

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Scott,
How are you doing?
I measured mine without taking them off so it is not exact but it looks very close.
I would appreciate you checking for me.

Doin good. Thanks for asking. Hows the suspension holding up? I had to make a few changes since we spoke last.

These actually fit really well. These was no clearance issues with caliper overhang. In order to make those fit inside the 03/04 wheels, one would just shim the caliper lower on the radial mount if you have the room. If not, then milling about .010 would easily make the clearance needed...

OH-MAN

Established Member
Chiclids, Scott,
I agree the clearance may be opened up a bit but the heat expansion may be a bit too much too safely keep them from rubbing.
Between the fitment and the bias problem Todd talked about I think as much as I would like to use these it may be best to not.

I am gratefull to you guys for all the extra effort you put out to help me try to make it work.
Many thanks again.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Scott,
The 4 bar is good.
I replaced the bushings with rod ends (teflon lined), the poly material was ovaling out.
I had my favorite shop add a welded in sway bar mount and a few extra holes in the mounts to provide for a little adjustment with the 4 bars.
It works great.

Users who are viewing this thread