F that car dealer!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Finally found the Hellcat Durango after a long searchI Wanted a toy to beat on for the winter.
Called the dealer for bottom line and paperwork, they WILL NOT sell it to me unless
I finance with them. Wouldn't even open negotiations.
Interesting way to run your dealership, won't get me as a customer!

Zemedici

Established Member
Finally found the Hellcat Durango after a long searchI Wanted a toy to beat on for the winter.
Called the dealer for bottom line and paperwork, they WILL NOT sell it to me unless
I finance with them. Wouldn't even open negotiations.
Interesting way to run your dealership, won't get me as a customer!

Did they charge ADM ?

If not, they absolutely could have.

Dealerships gotta make money somehow...

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
$10k ADM, which I can live with.
They told me I had to make 6 payments before paying off.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

They told you that so they don't get charged back from the lender. If you keep the loan for 6 months, they keep their money that the lender gives them.

What you should do, is say ok. Buy it. Call the lender within 30 days, explain to them that the dealer was being unethical and that you would like to pay off your vehicle.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

edit: treed by the expert

I highly doubt that's enforceable but you'd have to see the paperwork I guess. I've had other dealers make it sound like you had to make at least 3 payments before refinancing but I've never seen a mechanism to try and enforce it.

Zemedici

Established Member
They told you that so they don't get charged back from the lender. If you keep the loan for 6 months, they keep their money that the lender gives them.

What you should do, is say ok. Buy it. Call the lender within 30 days, explain to them that the dealer was being unethical and that you would like to pay off your vehicle.

bam there you have it @OP

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The only problem with refinancing if you want a specific lender is once that vehicle is purchased and a lender funded it then it becomes used and higher rates.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally, I'd walk away from this dealership. And then I'd continue to search for a Hellcat Durango and a dealer I actually would want to deal with. Do you really want to have to potentially deal with an "unethical" dealer after the sale? You want to find it. Buy it. Enjoy it. JMO.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only problem with refinancing if you want a specific lender is once that vehicle is purchased and a lender funded it then it becomes used and higher rates.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Not accurate. Current model year will still be new.

Sent from my Potato

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Not accurate. Current model year will still be new.

Sent from my Potato

I thought once it was titled and initially financed it could not be refinanced as a new vehicle. Maybe state laws differ?

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought once it was titled and initially financed it could not be refinanced as a new vehicle. Maybe state laws differ?

Nope. Current model year is still considered new in every state. Most credit unions consider the last two model years as New rates.

Sent from my Potato

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Buy it if it's what you want. The next day get a loan from your CU to pay off the dealer loan and wait for the boo-hooing and tear filled voicemails from the dealer. How bad is their rate? Maybe it's a good rate.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. Current model year is still considered new in every state. Most credit unions consider the last two model years as New rates.

Sent from my Potato

I know somebody that had a bank screw them then. Or maybe it was a nice way to tell them they didn’t want to service their loan. Lol

Thank you for the education.

SVTXTC

Established Member
There isn't a pre-payment penalty on auto loans. Just finance with whomever they use, refi or pay it off within 30 days.
Several auto loan lenders have pre-payment penalties like USBANK. It’s easy to pay it off within 30 days. But depending on the lender and when a dealer has the deal funded this process isn’t always as easy when it comes to re-financing especially when it’s a new car out of state with a new MSO that needs to be registered and titled new and refinanced without avoiding fees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread