F this, I'm finally switching fuel

Kiohtee

Established Member
well....16 gallons of 91 would be roughly $ 70, e85 would be 48, so savings of $22...that's about 30% saving. BUT then you have the MPG factor.

It's just not worth it in your particular case. E85 in general isn't worth the retune and sometimes required additional fuel mods for a bolt-on car. I guarantee you'll spend that $22 in savings on at least another partial tank of E just to finish your normal workweek.

nxhappy

Established Member
It's just not worth it in your particular case. E85 in general isn't worth the retune and sometimes required additional fuel mods for a bolt-on car. I guarantee you'll spend that $22 in savings on at least another partial tank of E just to finish your normal workweek.
yea, I think you're right. Maybe I'll just stick with 91 and Torco.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
r3v8h.jpg

LOL

Dusten

Established Member
well CA, you finally did it. **** you, I am NOT paying 4.50/gallon for shitty ass 91. Next up: SCT/injectors/VMP e85 tune. All you corn boi's.....where you at ?!
****ing E85 is more where I live than 92 by a decent margain

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I thought I was getting screwed Sunday when I paid $2.63 for 93 octane for the Ducati...Lol

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I paid 2.50$ a gallon for e78. 2 days ago, I get about 8mpg on it. So it's not cheaper then 91, 92, 93. But it is way cheaper then 110oct. or VP in a can so it is what it is.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
shit SD must be close to 5 bucks right now

92.gif

Correct.

Drove by Arco the other day..

$5.28

Apparently this particular Arco was charging an extra dollhair for people that use debit cards....

****ing crackhead **** faces.

Other gas stations I've seen are averaging $3.89 - $4.30 and they predict to go up even higher in the next coming weeks.

tenor.gif

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
And lets see if that oh so stupid strategy of Ford on axing their car line up and going full speed ahead with SUV and Trucks works out if the prices pass $3.50 a gallon.

Hell the big 3 are already caught flat footed again since they all pretty much did this kill every single fuel economy class vehicle and went gas hogs, 3 row SUV's and full size trucks.

Chrysler no longer has an entry level 4 cyl vehicle

GM has shut down Cruz and sort of emulating Ford more and more.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Honda's and anything with an electric motor is going to rule the streets of America again real soon.
Especially with almost 100% of the brain dead millennials wanting to be Instagram super stars as opposed to actually having to work for a living. No one will even be able to afford to drive anymore.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And lets see if that oh so stupid strategy of Ford on axing their car line up and going full speed ahead with SUV and Trucks works out if the prices pass $3.50 a gallon.
Hell the big 3 are already caught flat footed again since they all pretty much did this kill every single fuel economy class vehicle and went gas hogs, 3 row SUV's and full size trucks.
Chrysler no longer has an entry level 4 cyl vehicle
GM has shut down Cruz and sort of emulating Ford more and more.
Speaking of which,.........I would LOVE to have a Jeep Trackhawk as my daily driver. I'm fighting the urge man. Just paid off the truck. lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I'm not sure if it's the same way but when I worked at VMP they wouldn't do business with anyone in California because the EPA
VMP was my first tuner when I bought my GT500 in CA, but that was 4 years ago. Dont blame them though, CARB has no problem filling lawsuits in federal court for people "violating" their stupid state laws. O course they file in CA and defendants have to appear in CA court or face contempt charges. **** CA.

@nxhappy Your making a good move to corn. Even though youre using it NA, you should still be vigilant in testing every tank you put in the car. I have plans to switch to corn as well, though that will be with next years tax returns. :D

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP was my first tuner when I bought my GT500 in CA, but that was 4 years ago. Dont blame them though, CARB has no problem filling lawsuits in federal court for people "violating" their stupid state laws. O course they file in CA and defendants have to appear in CA court or face contempt charges. **** CA.

@nxhappy Your making a good move to corn. Even though youre using it NA, you should still be vigilant in testing every tank you put in the car. I have plans to switch to corn as well, though that will be with next years tax returns. :D
I only test before racing or dyno tuning, but I’m also adding an ethanol gauge this season. Still, ethanol keeps it detonation resistance down to close to E50.
My point is, testing every tank on a regular driver just doesn’t make sense. If you really need to know, buy a testing gauge. For just street use, as long as you don’t keep it on the ragged edge, even winter blend will be safe for most driving.
I’m a huge E85 fan, no way in hell I’d pay that for pump 91.
-J

nxhappy

Established Member
View attachment 1567951

Correct.

Drove by Arco the other day..

$5.28

Apparently this particular Arco was charging an extra dollhair for people that use debit cards....

****ing crackhead **** faces.

Other gas stations I've seen are averaging $3.89 - $4.30 and they predict to go up even higher in the next coming weeks.

View attachment 1567952

5.28 holy **** ! now that is BAAADDDD. Valero by my house the other day 3.99 for 91. Haven't seen it recent though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Even diesel is expensive now. Went up 10 cents between Friday and Saturday. I can't wait to leave this state.

Users who are viewing this thread