F this, I'm finally switching fuel

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I only test before racing or dyno tuning, but I’m also adding an ethanol gauge this season. Still, ethanol keeps it detonation resistance down to close to E50.
My point is, testing every tank on a regular driver just doesn’t make sense. If you really need to know, buy a testing gauge. For just street use, as long as you don’t keep it on the ragged edge, even winter blend will be safe for most driving.
I’m a huge E85 fan, no way in hell I’d pay that for pump 91.
-J
I was thinking of picking up a stand alone sensor and a display gauge. Id have to see about a split when I run my return hose. Most sensors can accept a -6 AN fitting, but Im planing for a -8 AN return line.

I dont believe there is a provision in the Copperhead ECU to accept a live data input to adjust spark advance. Ill probably run an E50 tune on a big pulley and a high ethanol content tune with small pulley for Mexico and track days.

If it wasnt such a wide swing from 51%-83% (and that swing is legal now in Arizona), Id feel a lot better and just pumping and going.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
5.28 holy **** ! now that is BAAADDDD. Valero by my house the other day 3.99 for 91. Haven't seen it recent though.

Yeah, fam. I filled up on E85 yesterday $2.93.

91 was $4.3x

tenor.gif

does cali have an exit tax?

Yeah, they call it "The Last Rapeage Tax"

giphy.gif

lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
regular here in Phoenix just went over $3, and everyone I know is PPIIISSSSEEDDDD. Ethanol is still under $2.85 though :D

Last edited:

08mojo

Established Member
Speaking of which,.........I would LOVE to have a Jeep Trackhawk as my daily driver. I'm fighting the urge man. Just paid off the truck. lol

There are some steep discounts on Trackhawks in my area since they are not moving off the lots too quick. I say go for it!

I want one bad, but the memories of the costs associated with daily driving the SRT are still too real...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
There is an ap for your phone that tells you where all nearby e85 stations are. Helpful for trip planning.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't fight, do it.
Just do it. The whine.
LMFAO
I like the whine. lol

There are some steep discounts on Trackhawks in my area since they are not moving off the lots too quick. I say go for it!
I want one bad, but the memories of the costs associated with daily driving the SRT are still too real...
If I get one, I'm ordering it the way I want it, unless they have exactly what I want on the lot. I'm going to hold off for now.
Maybe,.....................LOL

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
And lets see if that oh so stupid strategy of Ford on axing their car line up and going full speed ahead with SUV and Trucks works out if the prices pass $3.50 a gallon.

Hell the big 3 are already caught flat footed again since they all pretty much did this kill every single fuel economy class vehicle and went gas hogs, 3 row SUV's and full size trucks.

Chrysler no longer has an entry level 4 cyl vehicle

GM has shut down Cruz and sort of emulating Ford more and more.
Toyota will make it well out of this when gas hits $5.00 a gallon. They still make cars under 20k and gets over 35mpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I average 15-16mpg combined per tank on my twin turbo 2018.

It exclusively runs e85 and has since the car had about 500 miles on it.

I’ll never go back to gas on my performance cars.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread