F150 5.4 4v with supercharger.

darkwaterdevil

Established Member
i can get a 5.4 4v from a 99 expedition for only 125$. i was wondering if any superchargers will work with this. like mabey the lightning super or something else

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
That motor is a 2v motor. And you can swap a lighting or Harley supercharger on there, although I don't know how long it will live. I've heard the internals are different.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Then it's not an Expedition, it's a Navigator. There's no bolt on option out there for you. Kenne Bell made a Navigator kit years ago, but I doubt you'll be able to find one. Any supercharger setup would require large amounts of custom fabrication.

darkwaterdevil

Established Member
They probable took the engine out of the nav for the exp. Is it a good engine? Easier to do a turbo?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Then it's not an Expedition, it's a Navigator. There's no bolt on option out there for you. Kenne Bell made a Navigator kit years ago, but I doubt you'll be able to find one. Any supercharger setup would require large amounts of custom fabrication.

Yeah it has to be a navigator then. I have driven both 4.6 and 5.4 trucks. The 4.6 seems a little more torquey off the line but the 5.4 is clear a strong and more hp motor. I held on pretty good with a bullitt today. I would jump on it. I hated my 97 4.6 truck. I'd take a 4.2 over another 4.6 97-03 anyday.

Ironhand

Banned
I can put a supercharger on a 5.4 4 valve. I've already done one. Im in the process of doing a second one now.

blk mk8

super duper
Established Member
the first year there was any vvi or any thing on a modular was with the 3V stuff if he has a 4.6 the swap can be done with few problems. a buddy had a 4.6 f150 and i found a motor at a junk yard that said 99 expedition motor but it was a 4v and it was only 700 dollars. my friend when and picked it up, upon pulling the spark plugs, oil pan and other parts the motor was found to have never been turned on. i have not idea how the junk yard had it but the vin on the id tag was 5.4 2v expo motor and it was clearly not that.

Users who are viewing this thread