F1A 8-rib Build Thread

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The opinion I was giving had to do with the benefit of long tubes. As for everything else your right it was an assumption. My mistake. But no reason to get so but hurt about it. And if you read into my post I explain just that.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Hmmm. I think you blew up on him.

You do not know the whole story.

On a side note, you said you had clearance issues running just the turbo filter over he blower inlet?

Yeah, the filter was hitting my radiator fan sensor. I hadn't checked for fitment after the sensor was moved though, so I'm not sure now.

this thread needs more love...if all the crap doesnt stop im going to feed you to SOS's f1a....

:lol: Car is being picked up today.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Apparently not. I read the first 4 pages then jumped to the 8th. I missed alot I guess so sorry.

It's not all in this thread.

Back on topic......For you guys that were talking about screens and small filters for your blowers...Someone on another forum sent me this link...These are ALOT nicer than the Procharger brand and even the ones on ebay....Checck em out... https://secure.racepartsdirect.com/shop.php?cPath=563_1053

It looks like it has no mesh at all? Or is that support for a finer mesh I cannot see?

2001BlownGT

Established Member
It's not all in this thread.

It looks like it has no mesh at all? Or is that support for a finer mesh I cannot see?

I guess that is how it comes...Im thinking about buying one but I would add some mesh to it....I wouldnt run this on the street but appears that it is easy to add mesh...It looks like it has screws on each side of the front piece that would allow you to remove it and add some more mesh...

Im stumped too b/c I dont want to run the crappy procharger one but want alittle more protection than this provides... It is the best built one I seen so far...Ill be giving them a call on Tuesday to inquire and Ill keep you posted about being able to add alittle more protection it in...

If you find anything else let me know too, please.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Chris, also ask Jason about these because he used them on a friend's 350Z turbo setup when he had very little space for a filter on the turbo.

Thanks for the links Dale. I won't be needing something like this just yet. I plan on a boost increase next year and would potentially need this to help with the large radiator. For now its enjoyment time. :rockon:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Bringing this back to the top for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I have developed a bit of belt squeel. Not sure what it is just yet, but anti-squeel spray (cheap fix) did not work. I am going to try a Gates belt, rather than the Gatorback that is installed right now. ...one step at a time.

...also to include the new video I made a separate thread for in the Mach section.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TOa68_tiI"]YouTube - F1A Mach 1[/ame]

Furinox

Established Member
Try a napa belt. I called reichard racing and they said they've had the best results with the napa ones.

I tried a gatorback and hated it. They are the worst belt for slip because all those extra grooves in them makes for less friction surface for the belt to grab.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Try a napa belt. I called reichard racing and they said they've had the best results with the napa ones.

I tried a gatorback and hated it. They are the worst belt for slip because all those extra grooves in them makes for less friction surface for the belt to grab.

Oh yeah? Hm. I might as well grab one of those, as well. My next steps would be to look at the tensioner and make sure the belt is riding the pullies/idlers correctly. We aligned everything to a close tolerance, but I remember the belt riding very close to the edge of one of the idlers. :shrug:

03GTGreen

Established Member
I have 2 questions, where did you get the 8 rib setup at and where are you mounting the blow off valve?

Well nvm found out about the 8 rib after reading the entire thread but where did you mount the bpv

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
how are you liking it after driving it vs the turbo? Give me a good comparo i have the f1a headunit in the house ready to mount but im kind of ready to buy TT's as well...i need a nice reliable car to have fun with

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
how are you liking it after driving it vs the turbo? Give me a good comparo i have the f1a headunit in the house ready to mount but im kind of ready to buy TT's as well...i need a nice reliable car to have fun with

It depends on which TT kit you are looking to buy ... :lol1:

The TT's were more abrupt when full boost kicked in. With my 57mm turbos it was around 3500-4k rpm and in low gears you could forget traction. I had the HP kit and the piping was all over the place (as with any TT kit). There wasn't much room around suspension components; it was like a puzzle putting it together, making sure the pipes stayed clear of everything during full travel. However, with all of that said, there is nothing better than the feeling of a 2nd-3rd gear pull.

The F1A is very smooth as boost increases, it just squats, stays squated and goes! The only downside is full boost is not achieved until redline. There is obviously less piping, it sounds way more badass, and in my opinion is more reliable (self-oiling, no tapping of oil pan, blah blah). The pull feels great, I love it.

Cliff Notes: F1A > HPTT ....IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread