• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

F1A 8-rib Build Thread

Discussion in 'Mach 1' started by speedofsound, Mar 28, 2009.

1. speedofsound

speedofsound Centrifuged Established Member

Let's just say her family is probably going to freak out when I do it, but I really don't care. :rockon: Our reception is at the church to save on cost, so we are driving to a nice hotel.

That ThumpRRR tension is in my near future, maybe February. Thanks for the info NxCoupe. :beer:

2. speedofsound

*** UPDATE ***

I just installed the ThumpRRR tensioner ...what a NICE piece. It's a little more of a pain to use a breaker bar on it because of how thick it is (everything else tends to be in the way), but I have more clearance between the tensioner and the blower bracket than with the stock tensioner. I won't be able to see if this cures my chirp problem for a week or so ...the roads here are still a mess from the snow storm this past weekend.

Comparison pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed (only good shot I could get).
    [​IMG]

I also did a little mod to prevent the BPV from creating dust clouds around my car when I drive over the slightest bit of dirt! I got a 2" I.D. radiator hose from AutoZone (see p/n below) and used the elbow section. I pointed it sideways instead of up to deter water buildup in case I ever get stuck in the rain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. speedofsound

*** UPDATE ***

The ThumpRRR tensioner did not fix my chirp issue. Now I am completely clueless as to what the issue could be. I might have to take on the task of finding the Timken part numbers for all of my pulley bearings. :shrug: It started to chirp after a 2nd gear burnout testing my linelock today ...so lame.

4. AzulAzul03

AzulAzul03 Member Established Member

:(

5. don cobra

don cobra Banned

I have a psc1 on my cobra and i want to upgrade to the F1a. How much are the F1A heads and is its going to fit on the psc1 bracket like yours?

6. flowgoode

flowgoode F it! Established Member

$3400 new. Yes it will fit on the same bracket as the P1SC.

7. speedofsound

Actually, $2875 new from superchargers4less.com. :beer: This is where I purchased mine.

8. cobrasvtcoupe25

cobrasvtcoupe25 Active Member Established Member

Looking good speedofsound! Also congrats on getting married too! I'm also getting married, but haven't set a date yet. Still looking at a few places. You know how that is I'm sure.

How do you like the Eibach sway bars? Worthy Mod? Thanks

9. speedofsound

Thanks man. It was definitely an experience, I'll say that much.

The swaybars are a worthy mod yes; just use plenty of grease on the bushings. If you are patient and want to have the mounts modified to have grease-fittings, I would definitely do so.

10. cobrasvtcoupe25

cobrasvtcoupe25 Active Member Established Member

Yeah, I've already learned, yes dear, and whatever you want. :beer:

So it was a noticeable difference right away when you drove the car? How do you modify the mounts to have grease-fittings? Thanks

11. flowgoode

flowgoode F it! Established Member

yeah I forgot about that place. Procharger wants $3400 though.

12. speedofsound

Yes, it was defiinitely noticable. Drill/tap into the mounts/bushings based on the grease fitting thread size. I have not done this to mine yet, so I cannot post any pictures.

13. speedofsound

*** UPDATE ***

I contacted Procharger about my chirp issue and they suggested looking at the crank pulley. They explained that a Ford crank pulley has a cast center section, rubber ring around that, and steel where the belt rides on. They have seen/heard of cases where the steel part and the rubber slip, thus causing the crank pulley to wobble slightly. :shrug:

If this is really my problem, I'm stepping up to an IW 10%OD and a 3.9 pulley or something ...shoot for 650+whp and calling it a day with this thing.

14. AntiHeightPunk

AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

im having the same chirpiing with my YSI right now im glad u did the footwork and figured it out! btw wanna trade ur rims for my semi-mint condition gay cobra r's? Thats what i thought we will meet in georgia for the straight trade!

15. speedofsound

:lol: Iseewhatyoudidthere.

I'm going to jack the car up this weekend to try and see if the crank pulley wobbles. I'll update this thread as always. :beer:

16. 03machme

03machme go on and mach me Established Member

damn everyone is getting married. add me to the list

17. 98 Saleen Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

ttt. updates?? my car sometimes has a squeak of some sort but goes away once my car is warmed up and very rarely does it.. looking for some answers lol..

18. speedofsound

It's like you read my mind. I finally was able to get the car out after work yesterday to test out the changes (Gates HD belt and a slight tweak of blower alignment) ...........no chirp. I'm holding my excitement as I was only able to get on it once. I'm about to head out on a 200mi drive and will be able to get the belt warmed up to really test it out.

19. speedofsound

*** UPDATE ***

Well, after a long day of driving and quite a few spirited WOT runs ...the verdict is:

NO CHIRP! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The Fix: I spent a good hour realigning the blower, making it as perfect as humanly possible. I also have a Gates HD belt. Not sure which fixed the problem, but I could care less right now. :rockon:

20. 98 Saleen Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Awesome man congrats!! that's good to know.. I have a stock tensioner though so I know that's going to have to go eventually, and then the innovate west 10% crank pulley as well. then a good belt.. mine very VERY rarely chips and when it does it's only when the car is cold..