F1A 8-rib Build Thread

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Ok, I've had a few fellow Mach owners ask for updates on the build so I thought it'd be helpful for anyone's future reference to have a build thread. Please direct all questions in this thread and not through PM in order to keep the discussion alive. :beer:

To start things off, my motor is already built: 9cc pistons (9.5:1 CR) and I have enough fuel to feed a bonfire. Some of you know I used to have TT's so I just had to swap power adders, basically. So, the run down of the setup is:

- Built Motor (stock heads/cams/intake/TB)
- Dual -6an fuel line, GT pumps, dual FPDM's, FORE rails and FORE hat.
- Bassani mid-lengths, Bassani catted X, Borla Stingers
- F1A w/ RR 4.15 pulley, stock-sized crank pulley (~14 psi) ...for now.
- Procharger 3-core intercooler
- BGG 8-rib setup

Now, let's get to the progress!

BGG 8-rib setup installed.
IMG_2554-1.JPG

Intercooler mocked up.
IMG_2566-1.JPG

I bought a D1 kit used, but it was missing some pieces unfortunately; made a bracket for the top intercooler mount.
IMG_2592-1.JPG

Size comparison (can of tuna is an inside joke with a buddy at work).
IMG_2598-1.JPG

Blower pulley installed. Apparently, Procharger provides a step washer to rest on the shaft inside the pulley ...I didn't have that. So, I made an aluminum bushing, then put a good sized washer and a lock washer under the head of the bolt (not shown).
IMG_2599-1.JPG

IMG_2600-1.JPG

Mocked up in the car. The spacers BGG provided to realign the supercharger were NOT enough. I had to use about 6 washers on the top left mount, 7 washers on the bottom left mount, and 4 washers on both sides of the blower idler pulley; otherwise, I'd be smacking my alternator.
IMG_2612-1.JPG

Blower is not bolted up in this pic, so don't reference this for alignment!
IMG_2632-1.JPG

I have a nice interference issue with the temp sensor connector. The rubber elbow I have is for a P1/D1 setup. I need to find a shorter radius elbow.
IMG_2611-1.JPG

IMG_2616-1.JPG

IMG_2633-1.JPG

...massive.
IMG_2620-1.JPG

Enclosed race bypass valve (which I will run open for a while).
IMG_2645-1.JPG

IMG_2644-1.JPG

I will be updating this thread as I progress through the build ...stay tuned. :beer:

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Nice build going on there. Don't you just love the lack of space once that head unit is in place??? :) I originally had a P1SC but bought a P1SC-2 on a good deal. The new blower actually sticks out a bit more now. I bought a Anderson Power Pipe but I am going to have to modify my sensor as well before I can install the pipe. I know Vortech supplies a bracket in their kit for relocating this but it should be easy to make a custom bracket!

Last edited:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Looks good Chris....I see what your talking about with the temp sensor. Fortunately i don't have that sensor on my year car. I wonder if you can relocate it somehow.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Damn dude, looks awesome, how much power you expecting?

600+. I'll end up with a 4.0 pulley I think,

I know Vortech supplies a bracket in their kit for relocating this but it should be easy to make a custom bracket!

Looks good Chris....I see what your talking about with the temp sensor. Fortunately i don't have that sensor on my year car. I wonder if you can relocate it somehow.

Yeah, I think that is what I have to do; we'll see.

EVO-lution

Established Member
man you went with that puny little F1A?....pssshhh you shoulda went bigger hahahaha

damn SOS I CANNOT WAIT to see this finished product and some vids:beer:

How much HP are the boxers going to give you? and why not mount them on the DS instead of the PS.:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
pull the sensor out and bend it around so that it hangs straight down then take a dremel to the fan shroud. That's what I did with my T trim. I think the vortech book even said to pull it out for fitment.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
why arent you going to run 20+ LB's of boost like brandon did...either way car is off the chain! What gear are you going to use?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
How much HP are the boxers going to give you? and why not mount them on the DS instead of the PS.:lol::lol:

:lol: ANYTHING becomes rags in my garage. Pics/Vids will definitely be coming.

pull the sensor out and bend it around so that it hangs straight down then take a dremel to the fan shroud. That's what I did with my T trim. I think the vortech book even said to pull it out for fitment.

Excellent picture. Thanks! :beer: Do you have a picture of where the temp sensor is currently mounted?

why arent you going to run 20+ LB's of boost like brandon did...either way car is off the chain! What gear are you going to use?

Who's Brandon? I'm working my way up, running on pump gas only for now. 3.55's ...maybe some 4:10's if I am not satisfied.

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
:lol: ANYTHING becomes rags in my garage. Pics/Vids will definitely be coming.

Excellent picture. Thanks! :beer: Do you have a picture of where the temp sensor is currently mounted?

Who's Brandon? I'm working my way up, running on pump gas only for now. 3.55's ...maybe some 4:10's if I am not satisfied.

Mine hangs straight down then I zip tied it to the fan shroud.

Furinox

Established Member
you should polish the blower before you get it completely mounted to the car. I spent a night polishing mine and it turned out pretty good.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Mine hangs straight down then I zip tied it to the fan shroud.

you should polish the blower before you get it completely mounted to the car. I spent a night polishing mine and it turned out pretty good.

Thanks, this is really the one snag that is keeping me from mounting it in the car permanently. :whine: Oh and cutting out the fender hole for the powerpipe.

I thought about getting a polished headunit, but I didn't like the upkeep of it. I might change my mind later.

Furinox

Established Member
Ya, I had to cut out a pretty large section for both my powerpipe and the pipe leading to my throttlebody to fit through. The stangs seem like a never ending project. I ordered a 2.9 reichard racing pulley today. Hopefully it will be my last power mod and then suspension, then done.

Users who are viewing this thread