F8LSNKE resets eaton record. 10.34@132

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the track today for the Musclecar-Evolution track day. The air was great and the track was working. 1st pass I wasn't expecting the track to hook so good and I bogged the car. Here's the breakdown on that pass. 60'-1.589, 330'-4.461, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.884, 1/[email protected].

2nd pass I was prepared for the awesome hooking track and launched off the limiter.
60'-1.441, 330'-4.27, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.675, 1/[email protected]. New record.

3rd pass. Launced off limiter again, but experience a hiccup on 2/3 and 3/4 shifts + car wasn't as cooled down as before. 60'-1.434, 330'-4.297, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.751, 1/[email protected].

Last pass. Let car cool for 2hrs and let it rip. Unfortunately the track was gettin cold, but the air was too. 60'-1.499, 330'-4.287, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.643, 1/[email protected]. New record again.

Oh yeah, on the first pass, the car ate a rib off the belt. The other 3 passes were made on 7 ribs. Lol. No slip though, it maintained a tad over 16lbs through the traps every pass.

I wish I could have had the 1.43 60' on that last pass. It would have been a 10.28 or better. Oh well, still not bad.

Vid of the 10.39 pass.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsyw-XdUmE"]YouTube - F8LSNK SCF.wmv[/ame]

Another angle of the same pass. Closer up with burnout.
http://mssftw.com/videos/F8lsnake-10-39-11-08-sdr.wmv

Here is a vid I found of the 10.48 pass. This was the best 60' of the day, but the car wasn't cooled as much as I would have liked.
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p10/BlakeClark101/racing videos/?action=view&current=M2U00207.flv

Last edited:

daydark

Established Member
WOW..... WOW...... Unreal man, congrats. Hey in your last line you say you with you had the 1.63 sixty, that's a typo right? You mean 1.43!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Larry!!!!! You're making it awefully hard for the rest of the eaton fellas........Putting it out of reach, especially for a 6 speed car.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
awesome job Larry!!! knew it had 30s in it....thats insane....hopefully i can get down the track in a few hours....they closed on me today

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Good job man. I saw your car running. Strong Mustang there.

Today was my first day ever at the track! Hahaha....I ran a 13.36 @ 110 with my exhaust only Cobra with a 2.212 60' on street tires.

I didn't want to break her.:shrug:

Last edited:

DREX01AZ

Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the track today for the Musclecar-Evolution track day. The air was great and the track was working. 1st pass I wasn't expecting the track to hook so good and I bogged the car. Here's the breakdown on that pass. 60'-1.589, 330'-4.461, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.884, 1/[email protected].

2nd pass I was prepared for the awesome hooking track and launched off the limiter.
60'-1.441, 330'-4.27, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.675, 1/[email protected]. New record.

3rd pass. Launced off limiter again, but experience a hiccup on 2/3 and 3/4 shifts + car wasn't as cooled down as before. 60'-1.434, 330'-4.297, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.751, 1/[email protected].

Last pass. Let car cool for 2hrs and let it rip. Unfortunately the track was gettin cold, but the air was too. 60'-1.499, 330'-4.287, 1/[email protected], 1000'-8.643, 1/[email protected].

Oh yeah, on the first pass, the car ate a rib off the belt. The other 3 passes were made on 7 ribs. Lol. No slip though, it maintained a tad over 16lbs through the traps every pass.

I wish I could have had the 1.63 60' on that last pass. It would have been a 10.28 or better. Oh well, still not bad.

Shouldn't that be put next to the last pass:shrug:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Great runs today Larry that car was moving out. Wish we could have had a video on that last pass? Maybe someone got it on tape?
Thanks bro, maybe somebody got it on vid. I'll keep an eye out on MCE.
You need a sticky so you can just update your own record every weekend.

Congrats foo.:beer:
Thanks bro, you funny.
Congrats :beer:
Thanks
DAMN!!! I can only dream......

What was your race weight??
3320 w/driver.
Great job Larry!!!!! You're making it awefully hard for the rest of the eaton fellas........Putting it out of reach, especially for a 6 speed car.
Thanks Dwight, it's makin me want to hold off on the KB.
awesome job Larry!!! knew it had 30s in it....thats insane....hopefully i can get down the track in a few hours....they closed on me today
Thanks Jake, I hope you can get back out there and take advantage of the good air. The DA on my 10.34 pass was -540'.
Good job man. I saw your car running. Strong Mustang there.

Today was my first day ever at the track! Hahaha....I ran a 13.36 @ 110 with my exhaust only Cobra with a 2.212 60' on street tires.

I didn't want to break her.:shrug:

Thanks man, that's a clean cobra you have. I love the white. You'd probably be running some 12.60's or better with a good drag radial.:beer:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Congrats - that is a huge achievement.

When are you going out next? Maybe someone can take some video so those of us who have their cars put away for the winter can have some fun watching.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Congrats - that is a huge achievement.

When are you going out next? Maybe someone can take some video so those of us who have their cars put away for the winter can have some fun watching.

Thanks man. I'm probably going out again next weekend, but I may be on 17" drag radials for that race. I haven't decided yet.

I'm hoping someone got some of these passes on vid. I'm just waiting on the other site to see if any get posted up. There were several folks videoing.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Thanks man. I'm probably going out again next weekend, but I may be on 17" drag radials for that race. I haven't decided yet.

I'm hoping someone got some of these passes on vid. I'm just waiting on the other site to see if any get posted up. There were several folks videoing.

The group I was with was videoing a BUNCH of races. I'm going over to his house today, so we'll dig through the footage and I'll definitely edit your race out and post it for you if they got it.

I'll be in touch!:thumbsup:

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member

will sdr be open next weekend? if so i may go just to get a few runs in cause i only got one in yesterday.

Scarpino

Established Member
F8LSNAKE,
I saw you run....thats things a freaking beast of nature. Good runs man!!!!

01 Cobra,
Yeah..they are doing the "Bugday" event or something like that.

Smacked_in_ATL,
..could you see about any of the lightning runs as well? There were 3 of us there. The gray one didn't count. I talked to him and he was pulling hi "Goat" with it and didn't know anything about the truck.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
The group I was with was videoing a BUNCH of races. I'm going over to his house today, so we'll dig through the footage and I'll definitely edit your race out and post it for you if they got it.

I'll be in touch!:thumbsup:
Thanks bro, I appreciate it.:beer:
will sdr be open next weekend? if so i may go just to get a few runs in cause i only got one in yesterday.
Yes next Sat the 29th is "Bugday"(nothing to do with bugs). Go to www.streetcarforums.com and check out the Atlanta section. There is a thread about it there.
F8LSNAKE,
I saw you run....thats things a freaking beast of nature. Good runs man!!!!

Thanks for the compliments bro.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Good seeing ya yesterday man - I saw that 10.34 pass as I was standing next to the MPH trailer, you were hauling ass through the traps. It was comical how fast you shifted that damn thing - faster and crisper than an automatic.

Congrats on the new record, very impressive :bowdown: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread