Fair price for a 4 cat h-pipe off of my 89 LX

2014gtcs

Established Member
Still have my original h-pipe off my 89 LX 5.0 looking to get rid of it, what's a fair price, not looking to make a fortune. Having a hard time locating them to compare prices, hopefully some of you guys can give me a ballpark figure. $500?
Scott
DSC_3990.JPG

delvin.a

Established Member
I wouldn’t go much lower from what I’ve seen. Throw it up on FB and I bet you get that $500

GL

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Regional variations will make a difference. One will be worth more to someone in CA, than it would in a state with no emissions or inspection.

In MA, I've sold them for $200-300, however that was prior to the latest run up in cat converter prices.

Your's looks to be in decent shape. Start at $500 and if nobody bites, drop it over time

2014gtcs

Established Member
Just to be sure all 4 of these are cats correct? Could the two at the header flange be collectors and not cats?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just to be sure all 4 of these are cats correct? Could the two at the header flange be collectors and not cats?

Collectors by definition join multiple pipes in to one. That already happened at the manifold.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
$500 sounds like a good place to start. Many people are now starting to restore these cars, the OEM H pipes in working condition are getting hard to find. To pass the visual smog test here in CA with a fox, you either need the OEM H pipe or the only aftermarket alternative with a CARB EO ($1500 Magnaflow X pipe). PPI still has some OEM H pipes, I think they wanted $1500 plus shipping.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
$500 is fair in today's market from what I've seen, what bothers me is at this rate I've thrown away $10K in stock H-pipes since 1988 when I got my first fox. Wish I would have known lol.

2014gtcs

Established Member
I'll take $500, many prospective buyers always insist I'm asking to much. I've seen some crazy prices for aftermarket versions. The Magnaflow version of this pipe is $1200, mine is a OEM Ford genuine component.

Users who are viewing this thread