fair price for tint

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
in the process of shopping tint quotes in the dc area before the weather warms and business picks up.

what's a fair price for the 4 side and rear windows? I understand the front windshield strip is no longer kewl. $190?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I think I paid $125 for mine in College Station, TX. Would have to look at the receipt in my car to confirm.

I would think that anything over $175 would be too much.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Just do them yourself!!!!

Krylon-51601-rw-73176-89364.jpg

:-D

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Depends on the area. Around the chicago suburbs, you can't find anything much lower than 250 for a quality tint. Around here the 100-175 tint jobs use dyed film that turn purple after a year

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
you first, cowboy. got them down to $165 but this tint doesn't have a lifetime warranty on color fading. $190 if I want that.
See if they will do $175 w/ lifetime. I've never known a tint place to charge extra for a warranty....that sounds to me like they use two different tint films.

dbrford2003

Established Member
I paid 199 installed for 3M Color Stable tint. Suppose to not turn purple, life time warranty.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
See if they will do $175 w/ lifetime. I've never known a tint place to charge extra for a warranty....that sounds to me like they use two different tint films.
he is not likely charging extra for a warranty. more likely using cheaper tint which is not covered by a warranty

ViciousJay

Established Member
Depends on the area. Around the chicago suburbs, you can't find anything much lower than 250 for a quality tint. Around here the 100-175 tint jobs use dyed film that turn purple after a year

I know a guy that does it for 180, good guy too

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Holy shit.

I paid 180 for my mom's Volvo XC90 to get Mercedes air blue tint on every window and windshield. With Warranty.

But everybody and their mother does tint down here.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
not as much demand up here with only 4 hot months.

going 35% and will switch to Florida plates if anyone gives me grief.

Florida plates means cat deletes and tune. [hand wringing]

Wikkd03

Established Member
The guy I use only charges $100. He does great work and it only takes 30 min or so

VT4ever

Established Member
I got my windows tinted at NOVA Tint in Manassas, VA. It cost me 170 for all 4 sides and the rear window. Really happy with the quality of the work. The film comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty and the guy that did my install said that if there are any problems that come up due to bad installation he'd redo it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread