Fake Cobra

52merc

Established Member
Driving over to Home Depot yesterday I pulled up behind this Mustang. Not paying a lot of attention I finally noticed the "SVT" logo on the trunk. Then I noticed that there was no dual exhaust. I thought that was a bit weird. At the next light I pulled up beside it. What...V6 wheels...Cobra emblem on the fender? I had to laugh and snap this pic. Who is he kidding? It was an old guy with a white beard. Too bad I was driving my F150. I'd have shown him what a real Cobra is.
Fake Cobra.JPG

52merc

Established Member
Oh...I know that. My Ecoboost can fire off the line pretty quick. I just wish I had the Cobra. Would have put a big grin on my face as I left him in smoke.

MCT

Established Member
Why...why do people do this?

For those who aren't car enthusiasts they won't really give a shit or even know what "SVT" means, or the snake emblem means. And for those who are car enthusiasts they'll just laugh at the idiot being a poser. I mean what do you get out of this?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Have a guy in my town that turned his GT into a Fobra. All SVT and Cobra badges as well as Cobra body panels.

Was working when I saw him at a gas station but did have the opportunity to ask him some questions about the car. He kept up the ruse for a little while but finally admitted it was a GT.

His car sounded good too. Never really understood the false advertising if you will just rock what you got. Like I said, his car sounded good and was clean so there's no reason to pretend your car is something it's not.

People like him are part of the reason you have people running around saying they raced a "Cobra" and won.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Have a guy in my town that turned his GT into a Fobra. All SVT and Cobra badges as well as Cobra body panels.

Was working when I saw him at a gas station but did have the opportunity to ask him some questions about the car. He kept up the ruse for a little while but finally admitted it was a GT.

His car sounded good too. Never really understood the false advertising if you will just rock what you got. Like I said, his car sounded good and was clean so there's no reason to pretend your car is something it's not.

People like him are part of the reason you have people running around saying they raced a "Cobra" and won.

There was a guy around here that did a full swap into a V6. Body panels, interior, and eventually the engine. I never understood why either. It's not like he saved any money going that route. At one of the big shows he was parked with the Cobras and was saying it was a Cobra. Until someone that knew him called him out in front of everyone.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
There was a guy around here that did a full swap into a V6. Body panels, interior, and eventually the engine. I never understood why either. It's not like he saved any money going that route. At one of the big shows he was parked with the Cobras and was saying it was a Cobra. Until someone that knew him called him out in front of everyone.

LOL that's harsh and you're right, the amount he put into it he could've just bought a Terminator.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This got me wondering how many out there have gone the other route, removing all of their GT or Cobra badges as "camouflage" to hide what's really under the skin.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
A V6 with Cobra emblems is the joke. You guys are looking to deep into logic to get the humor..... I would never re-badge a car myself. But it does make me laugh when I see it. And y'all do to. So that's the joke. Mission accomplished for the V6 dude.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Oh...I know that. My Ecoboost can fire off the line pretty quick. I just wish I had the Cobra. Would have put a big grin on my face as I left him in smoke.

I pulled up next to a fake Boss 302 once- in my Boss 302. Guy couldn't even bring himself to look over.

01blckcobra

Established Member
Raced a guy that had a 07 Shelby silver GT500KR 4.6l 3v n/a with backwards badges in my 01 cobra. He was spinning I guess is why i beat him by a car... Told everyone it was the new proto-type. Made 750hp n/a.

MCT

Established Member
Raced a guy that had a 07 Shelby silver GT500KR 4.6l 3v n/a with backwards badges in my 01 cobra. He was spinning I guess is why i beat him by a car... Told everyone it was the new proto-type. Made 750hp n/a.
750 hp n/a? You sure he didn't have 7.5'' pistons and an intaker?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I don't get why ppl put Cobra badges on a GT or a V6... its still a GT or a V6, why be a poser? I mean do the front bumper, ambers whatever... those look good to diff ppl but the badging? Why? Its like... anyone who isn't into these cars probably won't be that impressed and anyone who is will think you are a tool so its a lose lose.

Tell me I'd add ANYTHING to either of these cars by throwing Cobra badges on them... that blue 98 might have been the sexiest one I ever owned. The silver 00 isn't too shabby either... Its definitely way faster of the 2 of them.

0402141850zpsxou7niz.jpg

IMG20180516212100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread