Fall 2017 GT500 supercharged voodoo, 10 speed auto and....

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Also, keep in mind.

Roots-type superchargers may not be compatible with the port injectors on Fords new Port Direct Injection system.

Both direct and port injectors may be resting under the intake. That could present an issue.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Also, keep in mind.

Roots-type superchargers may not be compatible with the port injectors on Fords new Port Direct Injection system.

Both direct and port injectors may be resting under the intake. That could present an issue.

Even if this actually happened and is an issue, how many weeks do you think it would take Eaton or any other oem supplier whose sole business it is to supply this part to modify the CAD file, and have new castings made for FORD?

No sense.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I understand everything you're saying, and you've never built anything that could turn over, so let's not confuse the matter. The floor is yours.
You can usually tell those that have little or no experience in these matters.

You are unaware that a larger engine has a higher potential max HP output. There is nothing you can learn because you don't understand anything in the post.

This topic also suggest it will be a Voodoo. I suppose they mean a Flat Plane Crank as well. Ford is still bound by the laws of physics just as everyone else.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
If it is supercharged, it won't be over 700hp. If it uses a standard Ecoboost system, maybe we see 150hp per liter. In order to break 800, they would need to PTWA the cylinder walls. Probably already using the Voodoo head and at least the 5.2 displacement.

Ford doesn't need 800+ to beat the Demon... but it will take two turbos to be remembered.

Question now is simply, do they have the room for a parallel like the FGT? Or can they develop a state of the art, Hot V V8? Wasn't the original "Indy Ford V8" a backwards head design? Isn't the Powerstroke Scorpion a "Hot V" in theory?

I think so. Ford didn't spend 3+ years on a supercharged V8. They aim to 1-up both the Voodoo and the FGT Ecoboost.

I use to say it will have exactly "808hp"... now, I have no idea.

Fourcam380

Established Member
You can usually tell those that have little or no experience in these matters.

You are unaware that a larger engine has a higher potential max HP output. There is nothing you can learn because you don't understand anything in the post.

Switching over to the theoreticals you're talking about, this is only true NA--the higher max output statement. NA the heads benchmark potential peak HP, since they contain the largest choke
Point in any IC engine (valves and seats), cams, intake, etc dictate how much of that potential is reached and at what rpm.

FI boat anchor heads like non PI modular 2v are NP. Displacement of the head unit of the power adder determines peak HP potential. The engine behind that PA just has to hold together.

Witness 3000HP GTRs with only 4.0l. That's the beauty and downside to FI. Takes all the skill out of the equation.

I bet you build some really sporty motors. I really do.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Switching over to the theoreticals you're talking about, this is only true NA--the higher max output statement. NA the heads benchmark potential peak HP, since they contain the largest choke
Point in any IC engine (valves and seats), cams, intake, etc dictate how much of that potential is reached and at what rpm.

FI boat anchor heads like non PI modular 2v are NP. Displacement of the head unit of the power adder determines peak HP potential. The engine behind that PA just has to hold together.

Witness 3000HP GTRs with only 4.0l. That's the beauty and downside to FI. Takes all the skill out of the equation.

I bet you build some really sporty motors. I really do.
I know for a fact what you get from a 4.0 you can always get more from a 4.2. Always and forever, that's why people bore and stroke while risking durability.

An engine shop would typically build race engines for our cars.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
You used a Hot V as an example and it is primarily what I believe too. It doesn't completely rule of the use of a system similar to the FGT but package is a concern.

Direct Injection is an ingredient of the Ecoboost package. A requirement to keep cylinder temps cool. This highly complex system could potentially cause issues with a TVS. A taller intake would be required as well as a buldging hood.

A Hot V on the other hand... is usually mounted on said AMG's and BMW's unnoticed. Or, could use a lazy parallel like the 2013 Cobra Jet used. But where to mount the turbos?

A Hot V would be equally impressive as a Flat Plane over 5 liters.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I've never encountered a person that wasn't aware of this.

No replacement for displacement? Forced induction ultimately increases the maximum potential as well.

6 liters of compressed fuel makes a larger explosion than 5 liters of compressed fuel. Dual Over Head Cams reduce the parasitic losses associated with push rods and a lower mounted, single cam as well as the rocker design. Meaning you can nearly acquire the same potential as a larger engine while burning less fuel.

DepWraith

Established Member
Lots of that here. Much of it being stated with absolutely certainty, which is gonna be funny when a couple dudes in here have to walk back all this wrong shit that never had any basis in reality whatsoever...

DBK...would you please advise on what "wrong shit" is posted, so we can have a better idea? In order to know the "wrong shit", you must know the right shit and that would cut down on all the junk being posted. Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
DBK...would you please advise on what "wrong shit" is posted, so we can have a better idea? In order to know the "wrong shit", you must know the right shit and that would cut down on all the junk being posted. Thanks.

people that know things that arent supposed to be generally known, dont get to know those things anymore if they go spouting off. Theres a few people on here that do know things and give info in their own time that wont get them cut off...and sometimes you just have to read between the lines

DepWraith

Established Member
people that know things that arent supposed to be generally known, dont get to know those things anymore if they go spouting off. Theres a few people on here that do know things and give info in their own time that wont get them cut off...and sometimes you just have to read between the lines

I get that, but pretty soon I'm sure the cat will be let out of the bag by Ford...

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Hahaha. Exactly.

In all seriousness, though, it feels like whatever that mule is, it never gonna see a dealership. It should have happened already. I mean, I know it will eventually... but the suspense is killing me.

And I won't be shocked if it's not named GT500.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
At one time I had specifically brought up Ford's usage of Port Direct Injection in 2018. He didn't seem to know anything about it.

At this point, if 800+ is the target, the Coyote will need some major displacement increases to break 800+.

It's either use two turbos on the Coyote or don't produce more than 700hp reliably from the current 5.0 to 5.2.

The very people that discussed Port Direct Injection in 2015-'16 also discussed "808hp". That is why I used that specific number, to be absolutely specific.

Hot V or Twin? I don't think there is room for a Twin/Parallel but then again, the '18 got a refresh. I am sure PDI will migrate over to the FPC if it continues... I am also not 100% sure PDI is compatible with a top loader SC.

hockeylover86

Established Member

If by being "cut off" you mean get fired for violating an NDA (or getting someone else fired) then yes you are right. Im sure there are a few people who have read this thread who actually do know what the car will be, and have probably even touched it, but no way will they risk their jobs just to give a tease.

Users who are viewing this thread