Faster than pump/radial demon?

is the stock gt500 faster/quicker than a pump/radial stock demon?

• Ya.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Batman is faster so who cares.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PIPO

Established Member
Good luck finding a demon still using the 808 PCM (168 limiter). If the lighter and more powerful 720s can’t cut 1.4s, I don’t see the GT500 pulling it in stock form on a DR.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Higher launch rpm?
Doubtful without a transbrake.

Please explain how a DR will improve any cars’ 60’ time where the car is not spinning out of the hole prior to the DR.
Demons can’t hit crazy fast 60ft times either as the transaxles will shatter.
Demonology has a good video on why DCT may be a problem for hitting crazy fast times.

72SBC

Established Member

Please explain how a DR will improve any cars’ 60’ time where the car is not spinning out of the hole prior to the DR.

traction and toque management at full power, I’d be interested to see if drag mode and a dr will actually allow more power to be put down on the stock calibration, even my 19 shifts early and reigns it back when it detects wheel speed too high so if it’s detecting 0 slip it might go quicker.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
traction and toque management at full power, I’d be interested to see if drag mode and a dr will actually allow more power to be put down on the stock calibration, even my 19 shifts early and reigns it back when it detects wheel speed too high so if it’s detecting 0 slip it might go quicker.

I’ve been thinking about that too.

The gt500 appears to shift slower in drag mode for whatever reason.

With a tune, this car has a ton more in it but I don’t see it cutting a 1.4 stock.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72SBC

Established Member
1.50’s easy but I think tune/radial to get 1.40’s. They are going to need to tone down the management to get it going. It easily has the power. It’s making redeye power with less motor and boost.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
And yet can’t go faster than 9.2...supposedly only .4 faster than stock before they break the stock drivetrain.

Has demonology broke much? IIRC He has intake tune and pulley and has run 9.02.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Good luck finding a demon still using the 808 PCM (168 limiter). If the lighter and more powerful 720s can’t cut 1.4s, I don’t see the GT500 pulling it in stock form on a DR.

I said slicks. The demon has a soft drag suspension. The gt500 doesn’t. If needs a stickier tire to compete on 60ft.

It’s got 1.47-1.49 in it on slicks imo.

The car bogged down from nannies imo.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Yes, the demon has a soft suspension because

drum roll please

it’s designed for drag racing!

the gt500 has a little more skin in the game because it will do drag and road racing. That’s pretty badass in my book! You have to compromise somewhere, and it looks like ford is giving us a little of both!
I’ve cut 1.39 60’ on MT street R in my demon, no way the gt500 will do that on the same tire with that suspension. I echo previous comment of possibly a 1.5
Time will tell!

PIPO

Established Member
Let’s not forget tuned redeye’s are pulling 1.2-1.3 60’ without the “drag” suspension. The big difference maker here are the torque and the transmissions.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Let’s not forget tuned redeye’s are pulling 1.2-1.3 60’ without the “drag” suspension. The big difference maker here are the torque and the soft suspension of a full size sedan or soft coupe compared to the gt500. That softer setup lets the car squat easier and accept power well and early on the slightly taller rear tires. The transmission is a torque converter auto that needs some help to fully lock stock but holds on for dear life.

Try this on and see how it fits, I tailored it with some extra width and a longer inseam.

Jeff D

Established Member
It’s funny we spend so much time racing these two cars on paper so to speak. Both are amazing American built machines. I’m not a Dodge person have been Ford all my life but that does not mean they did not build a great car. Though comparing a Demon with the crate really is just not comparing apples to apples. Top gear months ago did a segment between the Demon and the exorcist now they had a bunch of fun with it so not really fair to Demon either but it does a decent job of pointing out what the Demon comes with and what you have to change to get it to the Drag car. I posted link below for fun if nothing else it’s a funny watch as almost all Top gears are. I only posted the 6 minutes of true humor and meaningful information.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bigja01cobra

Established Member
There is a reason Ford is pulling timing and has all the nannies on while launching the GT500. Lets hope it is just for traction on stock tires and not for longevity...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There is a reason Ford is pulling timing and has all the nannies on while launching the GT500. Lets hope it is just for traction on stock tires and not for longevity...

It’s to save the dct and to save the car as a whole. They don’t put a car like this to market to get warranty claims up the wazoo

Users who are viewing this thread