11.78 @ 121
Intake/xpipe/boss manifold/mufflers/tune/93 octane
stock wheels and tires
Uca/lca's
1.86 60
3.31 gears.
3900lb race weight

Shaun@AED

Correcting for DA really doesn't work. If somebody got a 10.x at 8k feet DA you can't assume they could row gears that fast at 9.x corrected or that the trans/clutch/etc would take that extra power one would get at sea level.

Sucks for those of us up so high, but whatever is on the slip is what actually happened. Correcting is bench racing.

I'm with you.

Mr. Anderson

Established Member
E.T: 11.43
M.P.H.: 124mph
Transmission: MT82 w/ RXT twin disk, billet steel flywheel, 3.5" 1- piece ds, MWR shifter.
Gear: 3.73 (stock)
Power adder: KB 2.8LC, 12 pounds of boost. BBK LT's, ORH. stock block, 633hp @ 500 lb/ft
Tune: SCT 91 octane tune by Lund Racing.
Tires: 295/55 15 MT ET D/R'S

time was just a test and tune run, never got to get a full hard pass.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Way to many people get carried away with DA now a days. Corrected times is ricer math. In an NA car, the difference within about 1500-2000DA really isn't as much as some of you think. If its +6000 or more then yea. But 2000' DA vs 100' DA really doesn't make that much of a difference.

As far as DA difference in a booster car, it definitely makes a good difference, and your gay ricer math calculators can't or don't show that. Car ran what it ran, if you want lower DA, race in the fall. Not in the summer.

I just don't get it, when I started racing 4 years ago, no one really talked about DA. Now that's all people mention. You can't post a slip without someone asking what the DA was, better yet someone looking it up for you.

I would run 13.4-13.6 @ 103-104mph in my mild bolt on 2v, in the summer til the end of October. I can only imagine DA was +2000ft in the summer and probably negative in October. Never made a difference. Maybe a 1-1.5mph at most.

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
E.T: 10.88
M.P.H.: 134mph
Transmission: MT82
Gear: 3.31
Power adder: Roush TVS 82mm pulley E85
Tune: AED
Tires: 275/45/18 nitto 555 non drag radial

djniknala

Established Member
E.T: 11.24
M.P.H.: 120.5 mph
Transmission: MT82
Gear: 3.73
Tune: AED
Tires: 28x10.5 Hoosier stiff sidewall slick, M&H front runners.
Mods: Boss Manifold, O/R Xpipe, 47lb injectors, E85, UCA/LCA, LCA relo brackets, BMR springs, strange 10 ways, DSS driveshaft

FIFTY

Established Member
Full weight? How much power did it make?
Bigs/little's, DS, rad support, nothing too crazy....It 462/417 on e85
That's pretty impressive. What wheels? And weight reduction?
Weld wheels 17/15, I never weighted the damn car but it was a base....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bBaky3vneBE?list=UUhN89-yd1QrNfsRIDOtioew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Bigs/little's, DS, rad support, nothing too crazy....It 462/417 on e85

Weld wheels 17/15, I never weighted the damn car but it was a base....

What rpm was that launch at? Run looked great :beer:

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Correcting for DA really doesn't work. If somebody got a 10.x at 8k feet DA you can't assume they could row gears that fast at 9.x corrected or that the trans/clutch/etc would take that extra power one would get at sea level.

Sucks for those of us up so high, but whatever is on the slip is what actually happened. Correcting is bench racing.

I agree with whatever is on the slip, then that's what it runs. Bench racing would be using the corrected time as your time, instead of the actual time you are running.

Way to many people get carried away with DA now a days. Corrected times is ricer math. In an NA car, the difference within about 1500-2000DA really isn't as much as some of you think. If its +6000 or more then yea. But 2000' DA vs 100' DA really doesn't make that much of a difference.

As far as DA difference in a booster car, it definitely makes a good difference, and your gay ricer math calculators can't or don't show that. Car ran what it ran, if you want lower DA, race in the fall. Not in the summer.

I just don't get it, when I started racing 4 years ago, no one really talked about DA. Now that's all people mention. You can't post a slip without someone asking what the DA was, better yet someone looking it up for you.

I would run 13.4-13.6 @ 103-104mph in my mild bolt on 2v, in the summer til the end of October. I can only imagine DA was +2000ft in the summer and probably negative in October. Never made a difference. Maybe a 1-1.5mph at most.

It's not about getting carried away with DA, but when running a car and testing for parts DA makes a difference. Too many guys on this forum cry that the car ran slower or they didn't see any gains with mods, but yet they have no idea what the DA was like which could be the reason for their concern. When dialing in a car to run a class, or time, you better believe the weather makes a difference on your time. Correcting is also very useful when testing parts at the track for gains. If you know the DA when you were doing pre and aft part testing, you can correct and see if you picked up or lost time. Most people on the board don't understand how helpful correcting can be for checking and testing, and instead knock it for what it is and don't really talk about it. My times I post are all uncorrected, but better believe I watch DA so I can see how my car is running each track outing compared to the last. I've also seen a local car and friend run an 11.6x which corrected to an 11.4 at sea level. We got good weather with low DA and the car ran an 11.4 which is what it corrected to previously. DA calculations do work but most people are just to lazy or stupid to use them how they should. Its only ricer math if you are claiming the corrected time.

Also, boosted cars very hard to be very consistent with to use correction. If the car running regardless of it being on motor or boosted can run back to back identical times, you will find benefits from being able to calculate in DA. Street tire cars, or cars that are inconsistent won't be a very good car to correct for changes in parts or weather conditions since the times are always changing from run to run.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread