Favorite Ecoboost exhaust?

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
I am trying to help my wife decide on an exhaust for her ecoboost.

I have her listening to all the different brands on youtube because from what I can tell there is a big difference between them all. Some have the 4 cylinder sound where some sound more like a true mustang.

Any input would be great or even helping me broaden my list so she gets to hear them all.

This is the list I have compiled so far: Borla, Flowmaster, Ford Racing, Magnaflow, MRT, Roush, SLP, MRT

Thanks for the help

amorgan

I have her listening to all the different brands on youtube because from what I can tell there is a big difference between them all. Some have the 4 cylinder sound where some sound more like a true mustang.

Any input would be great or even helping me broaden my list so she gets to hear them all.

This is the list I have compiled so far: Borla, Flowmaster, Ford Racing, Magnaflow, MRT, Roush, SLP, MRT

Thanks for the help

Thank you!! I understand with it being 4Cyl its not going to have a true deep rumble, i just despise a raspy ricer sound for a Mustang.

davidhuff

Established Member
Sorry,but you will get very little input on this site on the Ford Ecoboost.
I have tried for over a year and I just gave up.
Good Luck!

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I tell everyone exhaust is so subjective. Narrow the choices down with youtube but to make the final call nothing beats hearing it in person

Zemedici

Established Member
Borla sounds the best on ecoboosts imo. :beer: Good luck! I typically spend hours and hours on Youtube to find an exhaust I like.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I found the other forum and started reading there.

Right now her favorite from listening to Youtube is the Borla Atak.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

Thanks for the help

like others stated above watch some youtube videos, if you interested I have a borla Atak catback for sale for 15+ecoboost mustang it was $1300 new, im selling it for a steal $700 shipped let me know my link to it is below
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-exaust-for-2015-ecoboost-mustangs&highlight=

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm partial to Kooks.

[video=youtube;ZHTUoCIHjC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTUoCIHjC8[/video]

[video=youtube;D29v_7hRjUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29v_7hRjUk[/video]

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What type of sound and volume level is she looking for? Our catbacks are among the deepest-sounding aftermarket systems for the EB. If she wants something non-intrusive for daily driving thats just a bit louder than stock, our Street Catback is perfect. For something a bit more aggressive, but still street driveable, the Competition system does the trick! If you have any questions about either products, wed be happy to help. Feel free to send us a PM anytime!

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
If you are looking for deep, mellow sound instead of buzzy rasp you will need to retain some sort of resonator, but Magnaflow is the way to go, not too buzzy, deeper than stock and not so raspy up high.

The best you can do is have a louder mellow tone, its not a v8 obviously. I like almost no exhaust options not even from a lot of the so called premium brands, and no Borla will not get you good sound. IF you want loud and obnoxious buzzy raspy go with race mufflers like borla ataks, MAP, Solo, FRRP, etc. IF you want a deeper more mellow tone go with MBRP streets, Magnaflow streets or even comps, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread