Fayetteville meet anyone?

Oceanside78

Established Member
Yeah, most places won't mount anything bigger than a 285, their machines can't handle it. Pro Tire in front of Carmax does it, and for a good price too. They just did a buddies 315 DRs and had zero issues. Think they charged him like $30 bucks too

blownbywhipple

Established Member
Entirely false haven't found a place around here that won't mount a tire. Never had any issues with my lightning and those are 295 and I mounted 315's on it as well. Has nothing to do with the machine being able to handle it depends on the size of the sidewall

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I couldn't get anyone to put my 335's on, had to go to Eds tire on Murchison. Don't think I'll be going back there. The fronts are just 245/35/R18s so it shouldn't be too big of a deal to find a place that'll put them on. I'll check out pro tire

Oceanside78

Established Member
Entirely false haven't found a place around here that won't mount a tire. Never had any issues with my lightning and those are 295 and I mounted 315's on it as well. Has nothing to do with the machine being able to handle it depends on the size of the sidewall

I have. Multiple places in fact. All claimed their machines couldn't do it, if they did they tear up the lip of the rims. Found some that wouldn't do a 20" rim or bigger and I've found some that wouldn't do 285 or wider. Pro tire did my 20"s and they did my buddies 315's on multiple cars.

04mysticvert

Established Member
I spoke with my transmission mechanic and he stated my trans would be ready tomorrow. If not, i'll drive the wife's Kia Optima....

04mysticvert

Established Member
A monstrous 2.4, lol but it does have heated seats front and rear! It also avg. about 35 mpg so.... Guess that makes up for the lack of power for most (Def not in my opinion)

Last edited:

Oceanside78

Established Member
Eff that, it makes up for it 100%. I see about 13 MPGs in my HD F150, and that's staying out of boost 95% of the time. If I have a spirited tank, it's bad....

SLPCobra

Established Member
Eff that, it makes up for it 100%. I see about 13 MPGs in my HD F150, and that's staying out of boost 95% of the time. If I have a spirited tank, it's bad....

I see probably about the same as you on a good day lol.:nonono:
City mpg sucks in my car.
But highway mpg is pretty good at least I get like 27mpg highway doing about 80mph. :banana:

SLPCobra

Established Member
How the hell do you get that good of gas on the hwy? I barely see any difference. Bricks aren't very aerodynamic.

Haha no idea I was happy as hell when I calculated it out though lol.:D
I figured that out when I went on a trip to Missouri in it.
Could be gearing and also I had bama tuning make a mpg tune as one of the tunes when they sent me the tuner.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Thanks, nice to be able to stick to the on/off-ramps again! It needs a bath, my extended ARP wheel studs showed up today, hopefully my new rotors and pads show up so I can throw those on before Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread