FBO ?

Sabi

Hey!
everyone has a different definition for FBO. But to my understanding (correct me if im wrong) FBO would be everything without opening the engine, so cams wouldn't be part of it, nor
any type of power adder. But like i said everyone has a different definition of FBO.

5.0Black

Established Member
It depends on the car as different platforms (turbo, SC, N/A) have different parts involved with FBO. One thing that they will all have in common are the principles behind it. Technically, and as Sabi said, FBO for me would be everything engine/flow related that can be put on without opening the engine. While tunes are not a physical bolt on, they are expected in my definition as a tune is needed to get the better gains from FBO. For me if someone with a 5.0 mustang tells me they are full FBO I usually think intake+headers+full exhaust+tune. Even though IMO FBO can include things beyond my previous statement, like a throttle body (one example), I don't usually associate it to FBO as you just don't see those mod's often. It is also worth noting that power adders on stock N/A engines are not FBO parts.

CobraG

Established Member
For the intake, are you talking about a CAI or intake manifold or both?
What’s your take on either a ported 2018 IM or ported Boss IM?

5.0Black

Established Member
For the intake, are you talking about a CAI or intake manifold or both?
What’s your take on either a ported 2018 IM or ported Boss IM?

An Intake manifold is certainly FBO, and ported counts as well. Like I said, FBO is basically anything engine/flow related that you put onto the car without opening up the engine (like cams, pistons etc). When I stated "intake" I was referring to a CAI. While throttle body, or IM are FBO parts they just don't pop into my head first. When I hear someone say they are FBO with an N/A engine I think I/H/E+tune as it tends to be more popular from what I have seen in different communities, if they are beyond that I still give them FBO. Now if we are talking streets of mexico or drag strip and they say they are FBO you should look under their hood to confirm how FBO they are lol.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
If you're a Ford guy, Intake manifold, CAI, headers, full exhaust, and tune. If you're a Chevy guy, Heads, Cam, Intake manifold, throttle body, Headers, full exhaust, Nitrous, and tune.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
If you're a Ford guy, Intake manifold, CAI, headers, full exhaust, and tune. If you're a Chevy guy, Heads, Cam, Intake manifold, throttle body, Headers, full exhaust, Nitrous, and tune.
I agree. A cammed coyote steps beyond what I'd consider FBO. Once cams and ported heads enter the equation then it becomes max effort.

Users who are viewing this thread