FCA/SRT officially no more: Rise of Stellantis Group

blk02edge

Established Member
I wonder what the future value will hold for the manual 997 GT3 RS, GT2 RS, Viper ACR, Viper TA, ZL1 1LE, GT350, GT500, Boss 302, all JDM area cars, etc.

The manufacturers are being forced to sell EVs even though they either lose money and/or sell in such low volume that it isn't profitable.
I wouldnt be investing in them like stock because the entire north american leadership is such a disaster they'll probably ban ICE cars before they get the chance to inflate to a solid investment.

Cheap cars I can beat up and more land is my priority.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Can't say that because we don't know the opportunity cost of not advertising that you actually make and sell such a car. And because we don't know that, we don't know what Ford decided NOT to make based on current volume.

Dont need to know that. Reason, they are selling. Look at the numbers. On top of that due production delays from covid inventory is lower.

Your theory would hold true if ford was sitting on alot of mustang inventory. But thats not the case.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Clearly ford is doing something right because they are selling with no issues. Just saying.

Are they really though? The 6th gen has sold at historically (by Mustang standards) low volumes vs. prior generations. The 5th sold less than the 4th.....

What Ford has done right it curtail production to more accurately reflect demand.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Are they really though? The 6th gen has sold at historically (by Mustang standards) low volumes vs. prior generations. The 5th sold less than the 4th.....

Maybe true but they are not sitting on lots and production is lower. So not sure how that applies to the question at hand.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Maybe true but they are not sitting on lots and production is lower. So not sure how that applies to the question at hand.

If they had sold X amount more, would the aluminum big block have become reality? How about a twin turbo V-6? More GT500 production? We'll never know because for whatever reason, Ford NEVER TRIED.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If they had sold X amount more, would the aluminum big block have become reality? How about a twin turbo V-6? More GT500 production? We'll never know because for whatever reason, Ford NEVER TRIED.

How would they sell X amount more if production is low?

Why would they try if they had no plans on doing any of those things?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
How would they sell X amount more if production is low?

Why would they try if they had no plans on doing any of those things?

They never tried did they, we'll never know. The no advertising Mustang policy has been in place for years. I agree with you, Ford certainly did not have a plan to support Mustang sales. They pretty much did the exact opposite of Dodge who exploited their success with their Dodge Brothers strategy to the maximum.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They never tried did they, we'll never know. The no advertising Mustang policy has been in place for years. I agree with you, Ford certainly did not have a plan to support Mustang sales. They pretty much did the exact opposite of Dodge who exploited their success with their Dodge Brothers strategy to the maximum.

Ford did exactly what was planned. They made X amount and sold X amount. As a business they are doing what exactly they planned too.

As for dodge they are making a ton more which requires advertising in order to try an sell them all. Dodge still has brand new 2019 sitting on lots to buy. Personally id be looking for the killer deals on the left over 2019/2020 models that are still plentiful. I love that dodge is pushing the V8 market. But clearly the goals between the 2 are completely different.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Dodge advertising is killing it for damn sure, but the horsepower dollars and all the other discounts dont hurt either.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Ford did exactly what was planned. They made X amount and sold X amount. As a business they are doing what exactly they planned too.

As for dodge they are making a ton more which requires advertising in order to try an sell them all. Dodge still has brand new 2019 sitting on lots to buy. Personally id be looking for the killer deals on the left over 2019/2020 models that are still plentiful. I love that dodge is pushing the V8 market. But clearly the goals between the 2 are completely different.

dodge sells to everyone with a pulse. I see more ghetto out Chargers and Challengers than i do Mustangs. When i do see Mustangs its usually people with disposable income driving them as a second car whereas the Dodge owners are usually lucky to pay that note.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
dodge sells to everyone with a pulse. I see more ghetto out Chargers and Challengers than i do Mustangs. When i do see Mustangs its usually people with disposable income driving them as a second car whereas the Dodge owners are usually lucky to pay that note.

I do agree, also adding that charger with a 4 door helps big time to with those with families. But i do agree Dodge aims at anyone with a pulse. In the bay you see tons of ghetto out chargers and challengers.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I do agree, also adding that charger with a 4 door helps big time to with those with families. But i do agree Dodge aims at anyone with a pulse. In the bay you see tons of ghetto people with beat up chargers and challengers.

Don’t shoot me, but i think the 4 door Mach-E will bring in a few buyers that wanted a Mustang, but the 2 doors weren’t enough and this will be their way in.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Ford as a business has a brand with cachet, Mustang, that they have failed miserably in supporting and exploiting, which is their JOB. Saying Ford executed the "plan" is the same as saying "they failed". The "plan" sucked miserably. Maybe it was the F-150 mafia or maybe the furniture executive or maybe the Ford family didn't approve, there have been NUMEROUS softball opportunities to sell thousands of additional Mustang models.

Does anyone on here believe Ford couldn't have sold 10,000 additional aluminum big block equipped Mustangs this year, even with covid?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Don’t shoot me, but i think the 4 door Mach-E will bring in a few buyers that wanted a Mustang, but the 2 doors weren’t enough and this will be their way in.

As much as i hate to admit it, but you are right the mach E will get a whole new buyer and those that need 4 doors. Personally im ashamed they called it a mustang and used the mach name to add salt on top.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ford as a business has a brand with cachet, Mustang, that they have failed miserably in supporting and exploiting, which is their JOB. Saying Ford executed the "plan" is the same as saying "they failed". The "plan" sucked miserably. Maybe it was the F-150 mafia or maybe the furniture executive or maybe the Ford family didn't approve, there have been NUMEROUS softball opportunities to sell thousands of additional Mustang models.

Does anyone on here believe Ford couldn't have sold 10,000 additional aluminum big block equipped Mustangs this year, even with covid?

I see all this has gone completely over your head.

Wishing and wanting doesnt always equal reality.

At this point you should start debating what the new S650 platform should come with.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
As much as i hate to admit it, but you are right the mach E will get a whole new buyer and those that need 4 doors. Personally im ashamed they called it a mustang and used the mach name to add salt on top.

I hate it, but understand that Ford used the name recognition to get it out there and i can see it being a taste of what is in store for the Mustang.

Ive felt like there should be a variant of the Mustang like a Grand Torino or fairmont in 4 doors with the same power plants ala Charger/Challenger to boost sales for Ford.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Dude everyone claims they would buy a big block mustang and everyone claims they want stick over auto, but the sales figures dont lie. It winds up being a losing endeavor for Ford cause people puss out and dont put their money where their mouth is

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I hate it, but understand that Ford used the name recognition to get it out there and i can see it being a taste of what is in store for the Mustang.

Ive felt like there should be a variant of the Mustang like a Grand Torino or fairmont in 4 doors with the same power plants ala Charger/Challenger to boost sales for Ford.

I agree I would of been in much more favor of the Torino or Fairmount.

But i totally understand the Mustang name recognition to help sell these like hot cakes. Which i bet they will to new types of buyers and buyers wanting to go electric. Also buyers in the middle class and upper.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Dude everyone claims they would buy a big block mustang and everyone claims they want stick over auto, but the sales figures dont lie. It winds up being a losing endeavor for Ford cause people puss out and dont put their money where their mouth is

This 100X, even he as a buyer pussed out because he wasn't willing to pony up the dough to buy a GT500. So he went the other route and now dogs Ford.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

We'll never know. The EV mandates will be coming fast and furious now.

Users who are viewing this thread