FCA/SRT officially no more: Rise of Stellantis Group

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So are they actually bringing Peugeot here? I read on another auto site that they pulled the plug on Peugeot coming to the US when the deal went down. Sucks that FCA/SRT is going the Pontiac/Saab/Saturn way with their offshoots. Wonder if Ram and SRT will wind up back under Dodge?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great rebuttal. I’ll indulge due to boredom. The ATS coupe shares the platform and doesn’t have the same visibility issues. The Camaro has a longer wheelbase, is wider and longer. So explain how the Alpha platform is the issue.

The piss poor designers on the Camaro team are the issue for its visibility issues. Not the platform which is heralded for its performance across the board.

You wont get a response from him. His next move is to put you on ignore because you violated his safe space.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You wont get a response from him. His next move is to put you on ignore because you violated his safe space.

Really, LOL, the platform is great, but the designers ****ed it up? I should respond to that gem?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
100%

Everyone is all salty because FCA's LX platform butt ****ed Chevy AND Ford combined in terms of outright sales.

Muscle Car Sales 2019: Camaro & Challenger Down, Charger Up.

Mopars mantra has and probably always will be: Large, heavy boats that are comfy as hell with excessive horsepower. Respect to them for being unapologetic about who they are.

Ford and Chevy are trying to be full-gay by 2022 with 0 ICE vehicles, while FCA was actively working to see how they can put 700+ hp into everything they sell LMAO!

That's kind of an odd comparison considering the only 3 comparable cars in that group is the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang and the Mustang consistently outsells the other two except for a couple quarters where the Challenger outsold it. 4 doors are always going to sell more than a 2 door sports car though because of practicality so the Charger should realistically be compared to other 4 doors. That's just a given.

Besides, Ford still continues to claim the Mustang as the best selling sports car in the world which I would think is a more important metric in regards to the bottom line.

The Ford Mustang continues its reign as the world's top selling sports car. I've driven all the best ones and it's easy to see why.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
So you followed your gaydar in...

This signature has been removed due to it violating your sensitive anus.

thats-funny-right-there-dont-care-who-you-are.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i see tons of young guys driving around in current model Chargers everyday. from R/T to Hellcat. they are everywhere around here.

my nephew just bought a 2017 1LE. i took it out on some windy roads. that thing impressed me. its a fun car. i know about the bunker window issue but it wasnt a problem while driving. of course, im not DDing it lol. he doesnt seem to mind. he did just wreck it though. maybe the visibility was the cause lol.

ive been seeing more and more of the 18+ mustangs but not that many. and definitely not as much as the Chargers. also many of the mustangs ive seen driving around (stock) are ecoboost :rolleyes:

of course, i seen even less camaros. when i do see one, its almost always an SS or higher trim. people who buy those are people who really want the performance and know what they are getting. seems like Joe Average isnt as interested in them.

The Challenger is such a great looking car id hate to see them **** it up. just the minor tweak they did to the tail lights and headlights a few years ago was perfect.

i like all three but i think the Challenger looks the best by far, imo.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
i see tons of young guys driving around in current model Chargers everyday. from R/T to Hellcat. they are everywhere around here.

my nephew just bought a 2017 1LE. i took it out on some windy roads. that thing impressed me. its a fun car. i know about the bunker window issue but it wasnt a problem while driving. of course, im not DDing it lol. he doesnt seem to mind. he did just wreck it though. maybe the visibility was the cause lol.

ive been seeing more and more of the 18+ mustangs but not that many. and definitely not as much as the Chargers. also many of the mustangs ive seen driving around (stock) are ecoboost :rolleyes:

of course, i seen even less camaros. when i do see one, its almost always an SS or higher trim. people who buy those are people who really want the performance and know what they are getting. seems like Joe Average isnt as interested in them.

The Challenger is such a great looking car id hate to see them **** it up. just the minor tweak they did to the tail lights and headlights a few years ago was perfect.

i like all three but i think the Challenger looks the best by far, imo.

This.

Say what you will but everything I attended as far as cruises and drag nights in SE Michigan last year, was one big ass dodge car show. Sea's of Hellcats and 392's.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's kind of an odd comparison considering the only 3 comparable cars in that group is the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang and the Mustang consistently outsells the other two except for a couple quarters where the Challenger outsold it. 4 doors are always going to sell more than a 2 door sports car though because of practicality so the Charger should realistically be compared to other 4 doors. That's just a given.

Besides, Ford still continues to claim the Mustang as the best selling sports car in the world which I would think is a more important metric in regards to the bottom line.

The Ford Mustang continues its reign as the world's top selling sports car. I've driven all the best ones and it's easy to see why.

Idk... someone buying mustang is absolutely cross shopping a challenger.

Times have changed. The Mustang is no longer a “muscle car” just like the Charger is not a boring 4 door grocery getter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
It's pretty easy to see that the Charger steals sales from the Challenger. Mustang vs just the Challenger when talking sales numbers is not an apples to apples comparison.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's pretty easy to see that the Charger steals sales from the Challenger. Mustang vs just the Challenger when talking sales numbers is not an apples to apples comparison.
Bingo.

Challenger and Charger are pretty much identical in terms of performance and price. It's not FCA's fault Ford and GM don't want to offer Muscle Sedans. (Europeans do btw).

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Bingo.

Challenger and Charger are pretty much identical in terms of performance and price. It's not FCA's fault Ford and GM don't want to offer Muscle Sedans. (Europeans do btw).

Hum I'll leave this here. GM did sell a world beater but only to keep Holden afloat until the last year of production was done. I can sell either one for more than they'er worth.

IMG_1072.JPG

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Hum I'll leave this here. GM did sell a world beater but only to keep Holden afloat until the last year of production was done. I can sell either one for more than they'er worth.

View attachment 1689605

The SS doesn't really help GM in this context. They sold what, like 10k units over 4 or 5 years? Charger R/T scat pack sold 15k units...in 2019 alone. Lol

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The SS doesn't really help GM in this context. They sold what, like 10k units over 4 or 5 years? Charger R/T scat pack sold 15k units...in 2019 alone. Lol

12,927 and GM only was looking at 5,000 units a year max and hit their target of 3,500 a year 3 out of the 4 years. The only year they fell short was 2016 at 2,2XX and some don't know the exact number off hand.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Idk... someone buying mustang is absolutely cross shopping a challenger.

Times have changed. The Mustang is no longer a “muscle car” just like the Charger is not a boring 4 door grocery getter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
200.gif

I crosshopped the 6th gen and Challengers before i bought the S550 i have now. Visibility and looks sucked in the 6th gen and the challenger that I wanted was gonna be more than i cared to spend. The S550 was right in the middle of both. You got performance and visibility

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I crosshopped the 6th gen and Challengers before i bought the S550 i have now. Visibility and looks sucked in the 6th gen and the challenger that I wanted was gonna be more than i cared to spend. The S550 was right in the middle of both. You got performance and visibility

#metoo.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Huge mistake to split up SRT unless that leads to driving the entire company to have the same balls and giving the fans what we want at the right times.
Cheap gas, gimme blown Hemis.

SO much potential with the 5.0/A10 for guys that know what to do.
How’s your TT beast?
If you da that Holbrook Revan Evan YT video, that should be my Bear block Coyote getting machined!
So pumped.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread