Fed reports household debt increases faster than any time in the past 20 yrs

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Michigan is giving food stamps recipients an extra $85 this month to buy thanksgiving food!

Family of four gets $835 a month already. You can tell who gets it at the store because they buy whatever the **** they want
What really gets me is the kids get free breakfast and lunch plus a snack to take home from school.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What's wrong with that?

Now I'm certainly not one to say that children should go hungry but we've gone past the point of "helping people" to straight enabling them.

I'm 38 and when I was in school there was no such thing as school breakfast. Yes, some kids got free lunches and I'm ok with that for the people who really needed it.

If you think about it though, taxpayers are paying for these children to eat twice, once through food stamps and once with school provided breakfast/lunch/snack. If these people can't keep cereal and milk on hand with their income or food stamps then they should be deemed as unfit parents and possibly have their children removed from their home unless they shape up.

Parents still have the ultimate responsibility for their children and the state providing so much help in raising/paying for the children enables people to keep popping out kids they can't afford with little consequences for it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Now I'm certainly not one to say that children should go hungry but we've gone past the point of "helping people" to straight enabling them.

I'm 38 and when I was in school there was no such thing as school breakfast. Yes, some kids got free lunches and I'm ok with that for the people who really needed it.

If you think about it though, taxpayers are paying for these children to eat twice, once through food stamps and once with school provided breakfast/lunch/snack. If these people can't keep cereal and milk on hand with their income or food stamps then they should be deemed as unfit parents and possibly have their children removed from their home unless they shape up.

Parents still have the ultimate responsibility for their children and the state providing so much help in raising/paying for the children enables people to keep popping out kids they can't afford with little consequences for it.

Quite the opposite, my dad knows a guy who keeps adopting kids solely for the $7000+ tax refund for each. He’s up to 3 or 4 adopted now, with no plans on stopping.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quite the opposite, my dad knows a guy who keeps adopting kids solely for the $7000+ tax refund for each. He’s up to 3 or 4 adopted now, with no plans on stopping.

$7000? How do I get that? haha

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

This is a bit creepy and could go very badly. I'm assuming your dad doesn't think a whole lot of this guy.

With that said, I have 2 extra bedrooms in my house. I should calculate how much $ it costs to feed a child for a year...

I'm kidding, sometimes dealing with my own child is hard enough. No way I could do it with someone else's child for years.

Zemedici

Established Member
This is a bit creepy and could go very badly. I'm assuming your dad doesn't think a whole lot of this guy.

With that said, I have 2 extra bedrooms in my house. I should calculate how much $ it costs to feed a child for a year...

I'm kidding, sometimes dealing with my own child is hard enough. No way I could do it with someone else's child for years.

Guys a real piece of work, yeah.

Probably shouldn’t have kids at all, and he’s starting his own football team

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing on its face. Though it does condition “parents” to let someone else take care of their kids.

Sure, some definitely take advantage of the system, but I don't think all kids who have parents struggling to pay for something like the food at school should suffer from that. I have no issues with "muh tax dollars" feeding kids. If there is some shitbag parent taking advantage of that free meals the so be it and hopefully they get hit by a bus.

I mean, there's no good way of really weeding out the scum from the truly needy. Well, without that cost probably exceeding the current cost now. And there's a lot of professional grifters/scam artists out there. But there's also a lot of people who hit hard times and need a lift for a temporary phase. I do not mind tax dollars going towards those and realize some may go to the grifters.

I think there needs to be set timelimits and goals set for parents. Or have the free lunch fees garnished from unemployment or other subsidies if they go on way over the allotted time to get their feet back on the ground. But, I do not think the kids should suffer from bad parents when it comes to being at school.

sleek98

Established Member
Its harder for the shit bags to sell the kids free school lunch than to sell their food stamps for beer and cig money.

At least with free school meals the hard up kids get 2 meals a day.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with that?
I don't have a problem with free lunches and breakfast at school, but it seems like that should be deducted from what the parent gets in food stamps. My daughter once worked at a store where people would buy cases of the cheapest soft drinks, pour them out in the parking lot just to return the cans for the deposit.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have a problem with free lunches and breakfast at school, but it seems like that should be deducted from what the parent gets in food stamps. My daughter once worked at a store where people would buy cases of the cheapest soft drinks, pour them out in the parking lot just to return the cans for the deposit.

Gotcha, and I agree or have set limits then cut back on stamps. Kids don't get to choose their parents so I do have some sympathy for most kids in tough situations at home.

JimCSHO

Established Member
If you think about it though, taxpayers are paying for these children to eat twice, once through food stamps and once with school provided breakfast/lunch/snack.
More likely they eat once at school, and the "parents" sell the food stamps so that they can get beer, cigarettes, and another tattoo.

Blown 89

Established Member
I used to work for the state and low income parents received $500 per moth for each child under the age of 5. We saw family after family that had children every 5 years to keep the gov check coming.

They also got free food with their food stamps. Fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, flour....healthy stuff. It was all thrown in the garbage and they took the food stamps and bought processed food with it instead.

Continuing to prop these people up is only exacerbating the problem. The best thing we could do as a country is let them all die off.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
More likely they eat once at school, and the "parents" sell the food stamps so that they can get beer, cigarettes, and another tattoo.

Sadly that is certainly true for some welfare leeches. Hopefully not most though and I would hope EBT cards would be linked to an individual person to cut down somewhat on the fraud.

Anyway, those are the people that should have their children taken away and forcibly sterilized.

robvas

Established Member
I've heard of that but you'd have to be a crackhead to do it.

Makes more sense to sell the cans of soda for $1 each

Same thing with buying boxes of twinkies or chips. In the hood you get people that literally turn their living rooms into party stores. Weird shit!

Users who are viewing this thread