Feeler: 03 DSG Cobra. Planning to sell soon

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just seeing if anyone's interested. The car has just under 36K miles and is in great shape inside and out. There are no problems whatsoever besides the clutch which will be addressed before I sell it. It still has a stock clutch and it's not holding too well anymore, but I'll be installing the Centerforce DF this week with any luck. Wheels are CCW SP20s, 18x8.5 front and 18x11 rear (wheels sell for $2600 without tires). The pics shown here are with 345 BFG DRs on the rear, but I will be replacing them with 315/30 DRs so that they will tuck under the car and look better. The front tires are BFG g-force KDWs and they have less than 3K miles on them. The car will get a fresh service with Royal Purple 5-20 as well. Dyno numbers and an idle vid with the Crower stage 3s are in my sig. BEGGING FOR A TWINSCREW!! Asking $25K

LPEDIT.jpg

571105-R1-00-00A-1.jpg

100_0027small.jpg

100_0026small.jpg

100_0030small.jpg

EDIT: If you have any other questions about the mods or anything else, just PM or post here. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
helluvasnake said:
Trade for an 01 vortech supercharged bullitt with 27k miles?

No thanks. I'm trying to sell this and get out of the hot rod scene for a little while.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
bRa_DeN said:
mod list?

NGK TR6 plugs @ .030
Ray Hilton 16# boost gauge overlay
HPP tunes on SCT Xcal2
Mac 2. 5" Cat back
MRT 3.5" chrome rolled exhaust tips
O-R h-pipe
JLT Ram Air Intake
FRPP 3. 73s
Lightning Force Performance Heat Exchanger and IC reservoir
BilletFlow diff brace and brackets
Royal Purple 5W-20, RP Synchromax manual trans fluid, RP gear lube
clear corner headlights
black tinted tail lights (painted, not overlays)
shaved trunk badges
trunk painted gloss black between tail lights
Mustang World black rear bumper letters
AutoPage 860 alarm with remote start/kill and paging remote
MGW short throw orange shifter
Crower stage 3 blower cams + Crower HD springs and retainers
SCT BA2400 MAM
Metco X10 10 rib pullies with 6# & 10# lowers (3.1 upper and 6# lower currently installed and makes 13-14psi)
LDC cooling mod
HANS rear shock tower brace (trunk liner is removed, did not cut it)
BilletFlow black hood vents
MM FLSFCs

I think that's everything. If I remember something else, I'll post it. I also have tons of parts that I haven't installed yet that I will want to sell.

All NIB:
Ford GT pumps - SOLD
MM SF and diff bushings - SOLD
FRPP aluminum block - SOLD
Speedhut 200mph/23psi gauge overlay
+ a few more things

Last edited:

GunsGoBang

Established Member
How soon are you looking to sell it? I am looking for a cobra right now and yours is beautiful. If your really motivated to sell it let me know. Im in california but would definatly make a trip out there if your really looking to sell.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
GunsGoBang said:
How soon are you looking to sell it? I am looking for a cobra right now and yours is beautiful. If your really motivated to sell it let me know. Im in california but would definatly make a trip out there if your really looking to sell.

I'm ordering the clutch tomorrow and I should be able to get it in this weekend, at least that's what my plans are. I'm not even driving the car right now because I don't want anything to get worse than it is. After the clutch is in, I'll get the new tires put on and it will be ready. Within two weeks I should have it done and ready for a new home.

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
I'm ordering the clutch tomorrow and I should be able to get it in this weekend, at least that's what my plans are. I'm not even driving the car right now because I don't want anything to get worse than it is. After the clutch is in, I'll get the new tires put on and it will be ready. Within two weeks I should have it done and ready for a new home.

Im in houston and can come see it soon...not sure how far away you are from me though? Also you stated "I'm not even driving the car right now because I don't want anything to get worse than it is". Is that in reference to the clutch or some other problems your having?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
SmokinCobra420 said:
Im in houston and can come see it soon...not sure how far away you are from me though? Also you stated "I'm not even driving the car right now because I don't want anything to get worse than it is". Is that in reference to the clutch or some other problems your having?

Just the clutch. There are no other problems with the car as I stated earlier. I'm going to go ahead and replace the front brake pads too. They're starting to squeal a good bit. The car will need absolutely NOTHING when it leaves my possession, I assure everyone of that. Fresh rear tires, fresh oil, new front brake pads, new and higher performance clutch. I'm not looking to put anyone in a bind by having to fix all these little things right after they buy it.

Unless someone wants to make me a fair AS IS offer. I would consider that as well.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
It's going to cost me about $1100 to get the car ready to sell, so I think AS IS for $23,500 would do fine. If there's anyone interested in that, let me know. It would be much easier on me and then you could get whatever clutch, tires, oil, and brake pads that you want.

BTW, I'm not figuring labor into that cost as I do my own work. I'm not afraid to tackle a clutch when I've done a cams swap already, lol.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I'm getting quite a few trade + cash offers, let me tell you guys what I would make an exception for (you guys will get a kick out of this). I would trade for a car that should sell around $3000. I'm actually looking at old Acura Legends the most right now. I just want a beater that I can pay cash for and not have a car payment for a few months. If ya'll have something like that, small to average sized four passenger car, preferrably automatic, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I'd like to work something out with you.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just ordered the DF clutch kit and a HD steel TOB retainer sleeve from LFP.
I already have a new TOB and pilot bearing. Should be coming together pretty soon!

Users who are viewing this thread