Feeler 2013 gt500 leather recaros

shelbysvt

Established Member
Well Im out.

Well make that 2 now lol.

You have to think of it this way. You have 2 options to get these seats. From ford racing or ford. If you get them from ford you have to order each piece separate then put it together coming to around 4500 dollars. The simple way is to get the cloth ones from ford racing for 2700 then pay Gary Disney 1200 to make them leather coming out to 3900. So for 900 less you get the actual stock seats with zero hassle.

If anything I should charge 3500 or something higher but then thats being super greedy and I don't want to rip you guys off because then I'd feel bad about it.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I thought your price was perfectly reasonable considering, as you pointed out, you can't just go out and buy these.

MustangGT500

Established Member

TORQJNKY

Well make that 2 now lol.

You have to think of it this way. You have 2 options to get these seats. From ford racing or ford. If you get them from ford you have to order each piece separate then put it together coming to around 4500 dollars. The simple way is to get the cloth ones from ford racing for 2700 then pay Gary Disney 1200 to make them leather coming out to 3900. So for 900 less you get the actual stock seats with zero hassle.

If anything I should charge 3500 or something higher but then thats being super greedy and I don't want to rip you guys off because then I'd feel bad about it.

I thought your price was perfectly reasonable considering, as you pointed out, you can't just go out and buy these.

OK, the skins brought $1,270.00 on Ebay
Shelby Recaro seats | eBay
and the Ford Racing Junk Seats are $2,695.00
Ford Mustang Recaro Ford Racing Seats 2012 Boss SVT Shelby GT500 Style Boss 302 | eBay

So, your price is more than fair for the upgrade. Like I said they go for between $2,500.00 and $3,200.00.
I sold my NEW 2010 GT500 Regular Seats Black Silver Stripe on Ebay for $800.00 CASH

I completely agree with this logic, however, it doesn't negate the FACT that leather Recaro's are only a $1595.00 option when ordered with the car.

In this case however, the OP has a market advantage. You can't buy fully assembled leather Recaro's from Ford and the OP has a relatively new set for sale. So why not ask twice what you paid for them. They are somewhat high demand because they are nice seats and not available to the general public. Somebody with more money than sense will buy these for $3K+ simply because they "Gotta" have them. That's exactly why dealerships charge ADM fees on cars. GLWS. :beer:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I completely agree with this logic, however, it doesn't negate the FACT that leather Recaro's are only a $1595.00 option when ordered with the car.

Your logic does not consider that the $1,595 is the difference between the Recaro and factory seats. Not the price for the seats alone. Think like a trade-in where the buyer gets value for trading in the stock seats.

Also, Ford Racing sells Recaros for $2,995 and they are not leather. See http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13483

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

Your logic does not consider that the $1,595 is the difference between the Recaro and factory seats. Not the price for the seats alone. Think like a trade-in where the buyer gets value for trading in the stock seats.

Makes sense, somewhat. What is the cost of the factory seats as factored into the retail price of the car? Not the retail price of the factory front seats purchased separately from the car because cars don't come without seats. That price, plus $1595.00 is the logical asking price for brand new unused leather covered Recaro's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread