Feeler:: 98 Cobra Turbo/T56/IRS +

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Kicking around the idea of getting a Terminator. I'd be selling my 98 Cobra in order to pick one up.

Basic run down consists of a 1998 Black on Black Cobra, never wrecked, 120,000 miles. Maintained all power steering and A/C,

The good

Interior...

Interior is in really good shape, the dash is immaculate with no scratches or anything of the sort and the seats are in good shape as well with no rips or anything like that. Carpet is not stained in anyway.

Engine.....

GT42/76 Turbo
Custom Manifold and intercooler piping
TiAL Wastegate
TiAL Blow off valve
2 pusher fans
Custom Larger Expansion tank
42# injectors and FORD GT fuel pump
Only EVER had Mobile 1 synthetic oil changes

Turbo kit has only been on the car since mid january

The car made 400rwhp and 380+rwt at 4.5psi

Transmissions and IRS.............

Tremec T56 from an 04 cobra, has less then 4,000 miles, just installed 2 weeks ago, shifts perfect, not grinding or anything

IRS was in the car for about 2 years. The center section leaked and locked up 2 weeks ago. Was COMPLETELY rebuilt 2 weeks ago, have complete list of all parts(all purchased from steve and tounsely ford) and installation done new everything.

This IRS and trans like the rest of the car has NEVER been to a track or launched on in any way.

Suspension...............

D&D tubular k member
MM Coilover and tubular A arms up front with koni yellow shocks
Rear is steeda sportlines and koni yellows

Heres pics might be easier....

JamesOutside500.jpg

enginebaydone500.jpg

JamesUnderside500.jpg

100_3630.jpg

100_3628.jpg

DividedBottom500.jpg

JamesIntercooler500.jpg

downpipewelding5002.jpg

downpipewelding5001.jpg

42Hanging500.jpg

Car has 18'' Real FR500's on it with KDW2's with about 10000 miles on them as well at 295/35/18 on the rear and no burnouts on them, with a brembo 14'' big brake upgrade up front with brembo pads and rotors with likess then 8000 miles on the with 04 brakes on the rear with brembo pads and rotors as well.

The bad

Just a shortblock and fuel system away from a 900+rwhp car

The car has original 1998 paint, it has the typical rock chips but no big scratches or anything like that

The car is currently running an open dump on the 4'' downpipe, depending on the use of the car you might wanna finish the exhaust, if just a weekendcar/drag car its really not all that load, espically with the 6th gear

I can provide any info apon request, im sure i've forgot to mention something and i have receipts for EVERYTHING.

I'd be interested in partial trades for clean 89-93 fox coupes, perfer black and silver!

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Don't do it. The SN95's are pure sex on wheels IMO. I wouldn't trade mine for anything, especially a Terminator. Invest in some rods and pistons and crank the boost up.

Rev Happy

Established Member
That's a pretty clean Cobra... The market isn't that good right now if you're trying to sell one and it looks like you have a lot of time and money invested in this one. I would personally keep it unless you really want the 03/04 Cobra body style...

Eddie Z

Established Member
Don't do it. The SN95's are pure sex on wheels IMO. I wouldn't trade mine for anything, especially a Terminator. Invest in some rods and pistons and crank the boost up.

+1. I had a terminator, and went back to a SN95. You've come this far already, why not finish the damn thing! ;-)

Those are just my .02 of course. Good luck on what ever you decide to do bud...:beer:

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Yeah there is a fair amount of money tied up in it, (i have all the reciepts and makes me cry for what i'll prob end up getting for all of it). I'm at the point im either going to finish it, or sell it and once i finish it i'm not going to sell it. So this is the last chance i'm giving myself to get out of it.

Red99SVT You have PM

For general info the car was built by Carter Racing Enterprises ... www.carterrace.com
of Savannah Ga. They have done everything on the car from build the turbo kit, to install the T56 to the rearend rebuild last week.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
pm sent

I'd be interested in partial trades for clean 89-93 fox coupes, perfer black and silver!

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Car looks hot keep it I just sold a Terminator and bought my 98 not planning on going back either, I want a Hellion twin!!!! Kudos to you for going the harder more creative route and no offense meant but I would bet you'll never get near the money out of it that you have in it. Do what the other poster said finish it with built parts and then surprise some Terminator owner lol. Best of luck whatever you do and free bump for ya nice ride.

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Lol put a shortblock and fuel systemz in it and smoke all the termi's you come across....Id keep it....

Users who are viewing this thread