Feeler / Question re: 2.2 Polished Kenne Bell

05 Mustang

Established Member
I'm in the process of having the 2.2 on my car removed and sent back to Kenne Bell because it's using oil....and tonight I starting thinking about selling it "as is" and just upgrading to something else...a 2.6 or 2.8.

The supercharger is not making any abnormal noises what so ever or acting funny in any way, just using oil. A "reman" for it is $699, and new drives are another $99. In talking with Matt at Kenne Bell, he's told me that if it's only using oil, it's probably just going to need a "reman"....but they'll probably also recommend replacing the drives at the same time.

My question is, do you guys think I could get around $1,200 for the supercharger as it is? You take $1,200, add $699 for the "reman" and $99 for the drives, you have a Polished 2.2 for aound $2,000.

....and if not $1,200, what would be fair market value for something like this. The answer might just make my decision whether to sell it or keep it that much easier.

I have 2 video's in my signature that will allow you to hear it running...one on a dyno and the other is a walk around.

It's just a spur of the moment thought and I'd see what kind of feedback I would get. The car is at my shop right now & the supercharger was removed today.

Last edited:

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
$1200 isn't bad at all $2000 for a rebuilt KB 2.2. Good deal. I bought my polished 2.4 for $2800.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'd ask for more than that as is. KB's can go from 2400-2700 if In good condition. Someone would be getting a good deal for 1200 If it's in the condition your describing

05 Mustang

Established Member
Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it.

Text me please maybe we can workout deal...im very interested....276 639 2923

As of right now, if I choose to go the route of selling it and upgrading to a 2.6 or 2.8, it's sold. If something changes, I'll let you know.

Thank you

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
This is exactly the debate I had. Kept for now cause it was just tuned with the 2.2 and runs hard. Mine doesn't use oil or anything like that though. I will say the 2.2 sound is infectious

05 Mustang

Established Member
This is exactly the debate I had. Kept for now cause it was just tuned with the 2.2 and runs hard. Mine doesn't use oil or anything like that though. I will say the 2.2 sound is infectious

yeah, I'm extremely happy with everything...sounds, looks, numbers, etc....just didn't know if this was a good opportunity to upgrade to something else.

05 Mustang

Established Member
After talking with my shop this morning, I've decided to just keep my 2.2 and reinstall it.

As I mentioned above, not only am I extremely happy with everything about my current set up (sounds, looks, numbers, etc), the additional costs that I would have upgrading my car to make the upgraded supercharger worth swapping to just isn't in my budget at this time.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread