Feeler time: 2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

BearsFTW18

Established Member
This car was originally a florida car and now it's up here with me in Chicago.
Currently sitting at 34,8xx miles. A LOT of those are highway. To and from work and the car has been on multiple road trips.

Things wrong with the car
Mechanically) absolutely nothing that I can think of. Of course we all know that can change tomorrow. If anything does change, I will update.

Cosmetically) The paint on the hood doesn't look too great, lots of rock chips. the rear bumper is spider cracking a little bit. and there's a paint scrape on the bottom of the front bumper.

MODS
2.76 upper
100m idler
Diablo MAFia
JLT true ram air intake(painted screaming yellow)
catback, mid pipe
lowered
heat exchanger
smoked headlights
FR500 anthractite wheels
fronts are Conti DSW extreme contact 275s and rear are Nitto 555R 315s. Will also come with TWO potenza sport 275s.

The car is tuned by Tim Barth(amazing) and on his dyno it put down 450/470.

$20,500 as is.

PICS
egikn.jpg

Here you can see the paint scrape I menetioned. Right by the fog light.
iw3es0.jpg

2m7xdnb.jpg

ej9d75.jpg

2qnqh4o.jpg

15vh5f.jpg

2n8zkgh.jpg

Last edited:

obryant21

Established Member
I own an '04 SY coupe myself and I'd say you've got a great price on it, especially if you're going to have the paint fixed. Sucks you have to let it go, but GLWS

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I own an '04 SY coupe myself and I'd say you've got a great price on it, especially if you're going to have the paint fixed. Sucks you have to let it go, but GLWS

Lol I dont HAVE to let it go by any means. I've just been thinking about something else.

cbradley49

Established Member
Tim Barth used to own a shop here in GA called modular powerhouse (MPH). Definately a good tuner. I now go to a shop that the co-owner of MPH back then now owns. Both guys are amazing tuners. Gorgeous car OP. u need a cammed sonic blue cobra haha

obryant21

Established Member
Lol I dont HAVE to let it go by any means. I've just been thinking about something else.

THEN DON'T LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know as well as I do that SY isn't the most common color and while it may not be as cult-ish as Comp O, it's still damn rare and crazy beautiful!... If you don't have to let it go, don't man, it's only getting better with age ;) your decision in the end and good luck with whatever it may be!

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I'd also like to add that a lot of those miles are highway miles. My family has a place down in Kentucky that we hunt off of and what not, and there's also a second house in Tennessee in the smokey mountains that I go to, so some round trips have been made in the car. Plus on the highway to and from work.

couple more pics. I added the blackout panel and hood stripes the other day. they're removeable, just vinyl.

crappy iPhone pics.

2rh0lfb.jpg

2zivt6d.jpg

2lt3cec.jpg

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Don't suppose you want to trade for a mint 2004 lightning?

No I do not. I cannot trade for anything seeing as how the car is NOT paid off, the bank has the title. In my original post I even said that even at $23K I will still be losing a little bit of money on the car.

Thanks though.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Bump. $23,000 I'm not making any money off this guys, just selling for what i owe on it.

Last edited:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I forgot to add this will also come with parts that are not installed on the car.

Additional parts....flowmaster Catback, stock pulley, stock idler, stock pulley cage, UPR intake, and 2 potenza sport 275 tires.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Sad to see you selling. Do you still have the stock wheels or just those ugly FR500s? Lol. Stockers might help it sell better.

Users who are viewing this thread