Feinstein's 2013 Assault Weapon legislation summary

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
That kid could have walked into that elementary school with a machete in each hand and killed 20 children. It's to bad someone with a gun wasn't there to put a few rounds in him. He could have walked into that school with two revolvers and a pump shotgun and killed 20 children. Any weapon he decided to use would have become an assault weapon.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Why should we worry about how an assault weapon is defined? Simply because if you get to loose with the definition, you will drag in damn near anything other than a flintlock. My old Savage .22 semi-auto will hold 15 .22 shorts, is it a fear invoking assault weapon? The hopper on my paintball gun holds 100, and it is full auto. Could this in some way be banned because it could be lethal if you filled it with marbles? So called assault weapons are the least likely to be used in a crime. Ever try to hide a rifle under your hoodie?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's clearly implied in the context of your reply. The laughing your a** off, the swearing. If it's not an accident, then the only other option is intent. You either mean to do something, or you don't.

Lets try some logic here. If you go into a bank with the intent to rob it, you take the money and while trying to get away you run someone over and they die, whether you INTENDED to kill the person or not you are still guilty of murder. So the LEGAL standard as it would apply to street racing or even DUI for that matter is if you kill someone during the commission of a crime (street racing isn't accidental no matter how much you try to rationalize it and it IS illegal) it's homicide. The intent comes from you making a decision to break the law whether its DUI, street racing etc- anything connected to the crime ie someone dying, you are legally responsible for.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
These people who do these shootings go and do it at a place where there is little to no confrontation at all. Try this shit at a military base, or police station and let me know how it works out.

You mean like that psycho radical Muslim in Texas? Yeah he was stopped but not before he killed or maimed dozens.... Not everyone on a military base runs around armed. Unless you are an MP/MA/SP etc, or you are training you won't be armed.

blwn89gt

Established Member
You mean like that psycho radical Muslim in Texas? Yeah he was stopped but not before he killed or maimed dozens.... Not everyone on a military base runs around armed. Unless you are an MP/MA/SP etc, or you are training you won't be armed.

I understand that, but a military base has a better chance of standing up to a lunatic with weapons, then innocent people at a movie theater, or a elementary school ( any school for that manner).

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

I wish we were allowed to legally carry on base. With stuff like that going on I think it would be smart to make it easier for us to carry.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Gezz, really? An assault rifle can be semi-automatic or fully automatic and is designed for military use. Don't fall back on trying to say only full auto weapons are considered assault rifles. An ak47 whether it be chambered for a .223 our NATO round, is an assault rifle in either semi or fully automatic form. They serve no other purpose than to kill people....

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Actually that's incorrect. Assault rifles have a auto or burst mode along with the option for semi. You can't buy assault weapons in the United States. Once again please educate yourself before you spout off EH!!!

The AR's and AK's for sale to the general public do NOT have burst or automatic mode.....

It's really sad how many uneducated morons there are running around.:nonono:

blwn89gt

Established Member
Actually that's incorrect. Assault rifles have a auto or burst mode along with the option for semi. You can't buy assault weapons in the United States. Once again please educate yourself before you spout off EH!!!

The AR's and AK's for sale to the general public do NOT have burst or automatic mode.....

It's really sad how many uneducated morons there are running around.:nonono:

Alot of those uneducated morons are in some sort of position in office too. :nonono:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I understand that, but a military base has a better chance of standing up to a lunatic with weapons, then innocent people at a movie theater, or a elementary school ( any school for that manner).

Actually buying guns and carrying is if anything even more strict than off base. At least on Marine bases it is. The MPs have the same response time civilian agencies have. And training areas that allow live fire are FAR away from where people live and work. It would be even more difficult to get to a hot spot from a range. So unless there is an MP in the immediate area like there was in the Texas case you will have the same scenario you had in Connecticut.

This is why we need trained armed people in every school. It doesn't need to be an armed guard. It can be a few teachers or administrators like they have in Israel. When was the last time you heard about a school shooting over there?

A couple of more thoughts for all you anti-gun zealots out there. The most draconian gun laws in the Western Hemisphere is in Mexico.... Anybody want to trade our gun problems for theirs? How about DC or Chicago. 2 cities with the strictest gun laws in the country- their murder rates went up not down when they banned guns. Last thought- any of you anti gun nuts want to put your money where your mouth is and post a sign in your yard or on your front door that says THIS is a gun free zone!!

Lets see the pics!! If you have the stones to do it!!

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
I see where everybody is coming from, but you will just never convince me that you need an assault rifle. Then again, I don't derive my pleasure from shooting guns.

and you will never convince me that the government has the right to tell me what guns I should, can, should not or can not own simply based on some random nutjob who went postal.

I just wish these quacks would stop going postal on innocent kids and take their frustrations out on the asshole politicians.....

brb...someone's knocking on the door. I see lots of blue and red flashing lights outside... :eek:

all kidding aside (sorry Uncle Sam, I made a funny at your expense, get over it)... the garbage in that bill is ridiculous.

im not registering shit. not providing no serial #'s, not doing anything under the NFA. **** these assholes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kbroush

Established Member
There is a lot of ignorance in this legislation for new gun laws. That kid also had a hand gun, so if he did not have the AR15 with him he still could have done just as much damage with a hand gun. He was at a school with no confrontation from an armed person. If you take away semi automatic rifles and high capacity magazines the only thing you are doing is making it more attractive for criminals to want them, and they will get them.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
We need more punishment for criminals/felons who are caught with illigal weapons. More jail time... Dont **** over the people who have them for self defense/target shooting because the criminals/nut jobs get their hands on them.

I think we should be focusing more on keeping the guns away from those who arent supposed to have them than eliminating them all together.

Devcon 7

Established Member
Gezz, really? An assault rifle can be semi-automatic or fully automatic and is designed for military use. Don't fall back on trying to say only full auto weapons are considered assault rifles. An ak47 whether it be chambered for a .223 our NATO round, is an assault rifle in either semi or fully automatic form. They serve no other purpose than to kill people....

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You've been watching to much T.V.

scottminot

Established Member
We need more punishment for criminals/felons who are caught with illigal weapons. More jail time... Dont **** over the people who have them for self defense/target shooting because the criminals/nut jobs get their hands on them.

I think we should be focusing more on keeping the guns away from those who arent supposed to have them than eliminating them all together.

Failed logic. Criminals don't care how severe their punishment will be when they are set on committing a criminal act.

dwish

Established Member
I find it interesting that the cited sources all revolve around particular circumstances where gun control has helped. When proposing a new law, one should have to be completely thorough and logical. Why aren't they required to include sources that are against a ban, i.e. countries with very lax laws and their lower crime rates? Why not make proposed legislation more scientific, hell, more COLLEGIATE, and include the opposing view? IMO, when this crap is forced into a bipartisan divide right off the start, it only hinders efficient progress.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Failed logic. Criminals don't care how severe their punishment will be when they are set on committing a criminal act.

Guess they'll be away from civilization if they get caught though, which would therefore keep them away from the guns. I'm not saying that alone would scare them altogether, but at least it would keep them away from the public for a longer time.

tmkr03

Established Member
I see where everybody is coming from, but you will just never convince me that you need an assault rifle. Then again, I don't derive my pleasure from shooting guns.

Please learn what a "assault rifle" really is before commenting on one and the subject of them. Do not try to sound educated on a subject that you obviously have no personal/real world experience dealing with.
Your just feeding off of what the tv tells you like so many others out there. Go read a book or two.

One trigger pull one bullet is NOT a "assault rifle".

Users who are viewing this thread