ferrari says stop flexing with their cars on instagram

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If the man can buy Ferarri's and THOTs then by all means, the dude has earned the right to promote the lifestyle THAT IS ALREADY ASSOCIATED WITH FERARRI.

Ferarri is a FU money brand. you buy it because you CAN spend hundreds of thousands on a car that will rarely be driven. Thats the upper echelon.
The problem is that many can buy a Ferrari for a couple months, for the price of a normal mortgage put it up on YouTube and bring in $10k+ a month if they have any sort of personality. They are using items they can’t afford to create a false lifestyle that everyone wants.
Then they act like they are better than everyone now since they have the cars girls and money even if it’s only perceived through the camera.

Basically they are only licensing the high end things they can’t afford to bring in revenue. Ferrari and others feel like it’s not the owner that’s creating the wealth but the vehicle, the manufacturer is the one that gets nothing even if they are the reason for the revenue.

Ferrari is right it does devalue the brand. Can they do anything about it? Not sell to them. But the manufacturer has no say in the used car industry.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The problem is that many can buy a Ferrari for a couple months, for the price of a normal mortgage put it up on YouTube and bring in $10k+ a month if they have any sort of personality. They are using items they can’t afford to create a false lifestyle that everyone wants.
Then they act like they are better than everyone now since they have the cars girls and money even if it’s only perceived through the camera.

Basically they are only licensing the high end things they can’t afford to bring in revenue. Ferrari and others feel like it’s not the owner that’s creating the wealth but the vehicle, the manufacturer is the one that gets nothing even if they are the reason for the revenue.

Ferrari is right it does devalue the brand. Can they do anything about it? Not sell to them. But the manufacturer has no say in the used car industry.
I understand your argument, and personally think these luxury lifestyle chumps are a symptom of a larger disease called social media. Its a virus and cancer on our society and hope that someday people see it for the shallowness that it is.

At the end of the day though, unless Ferrari has explicit terms of purchase to new or returning Ferrari owners, then its out of their say about how their product is used once its been sold to the general public.

Ferrari is a maker of things, and to continue to be a maker of things, they need buyers of those things.

Someone somewhere purchased that car from a Ferrari dealer. If Ferrari is going to stipulate terms about WHO can buy the car based on intended use then that should be disclosed to any potential buyer at time of purchase.

Here's the kicker though: unless Ferrari is going to start demanding that they as a car manufacturer get first right of refusal for owners looking to sell, then that's the only way they can control who owns Ferrari, thus, how their brand is represented outside of their immediate control.

I just dont see that happening. Thats like GM or Ford or FCA asking people to cease and decist racing their cars and recording it for youtube. Im sure that all 3 companies didnt intend for their product to be illegally raced in Mexico, but it literally happens every single day.

nxhappy

Established Member
ok obviously these guys are douche bags making gay ass posts BUT ....

I gotta say, this is MERICA and if I wanna post big booty bitches with my Viper, then goddamn it I will, and nobody gonna stop me ! I would tell those lawyers to eat a dick. If you OWN the car you can do whatever you want UNLESS you signed some crazy ass contract (maybe like the new GT ???)

nxhappy

Established Member

wrong bro. you CANT simply get a Ferrari or $200k CAR loan. If you have the car, you HAVE the money. The 2008 era ended that shit for sure.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I understand your argument, and personally think these luxury lifestyle chumps are a symptom of a larger disease called social media. Its a virus and cancer on our society and hope that someday people see it for the shallowness that it is.

At the end of the day though, unless Ferrari has explicit terms of purchase to new or returning Ferrari owners, then its out of their say about how their product is used once its been sold to the general public.

Ferrari is a maker of things, and to continue to be a maker of things, they need buyers of those things.

Someone somewhere purchased that car from a Ferrari dealer. If Ferrari is going to stipulate terms about WHO can buy the car based on intended use then that should be disclosed to any potential buyer at time of purchase.

Here's the kicker though: unless Ferrari is going to start demanding that they as a car manufacturer get first right of refusal for owners looking to sell, then that's the only way they can control who owns Ferrari, thus, how their brand is represented outside of their immediate control.

I just dont see that happening. Thats like GM or Ford or FCA asking people to cease and decist racing their cars and recording it for youtube. Im sure that all 3 companies didnt intend for their product to be illegally raced in Mexico, but it literally happens every single day.
True. They don’t have recourse other than upping the original purchase price. But Ferrari has been going the other way. More cars more choices more price points more revenue. But all that devalues the brand their original argument. Haha.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
wrong bro. you CANT simply get a Ferrari or $200k CAR loan. If you have the car, you HAVE the money. The 2008 era ended that shit for sure.
You can’t lease or rent a Ferrari for a month or two for $3k a month?
In a world where parents won’t say no their kids no one co-signs on a $200k car to own for less than 6 months before grabbing something else?

You are right it should not happen. But it does.

nxhappy

Established Member
In a world where parents won’t say no their kids no one co-signs on a $200k car to own for less than 6 months before grabbing something else?

all im saying is banks have tightened down ....

nxhappy

Established Member

do you agree or disagree, people should be able to post whatever pics they want, within reason ?

I don't see anything "outrageous" with the pics that would cause Ferrari to lose money ...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Ferrari could certianly lease the cars and in the past has required the would be owners of extremely limited cars have a pedigree of ownership.

Despite that, Ferrari has no room to talk. They pimp the brand like a cheap whore.
ferrari-opens-new-st-3.jpeg
ferrari-shop-ringboulevard-97.jpeg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ferrari could certianly lease the cars and in the past has required the would be owners of extremely limited cars have a pedigree of ownership.

Despite that Ferrari has no room to talk. The pimp the brand like a cheap whore.
View attachment 1591480View attachment 1591481
Jesus, thats as bad as Harley-Davidson....

Im kind of embarrassed how much Harley shit I had and wore on a regular basis... and I owned the goddamned motorcycles.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus, thats as bad as Harley-Davidson....

Im kind of embarrassed how much Harley shit I had and wore on a regular basis... and I owned the goddamned motorcycles.
And that's the rub. Most HD apparel buyers own, have owned or plan to own a HD.

Ferrari? Those douche bags loading up on clearnace hoodies and shoes at the Puma Outlet are never going to even step into a dealership.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Except I don’t think you are quite ready got on this.

Essentially Ferrari can say that Joe Shittyshoes is using Ferrari’s image and likeness to promote his brand and has done so without their permission. Which, I am fairly certain is illegal.

Look at the commercials that blackout vehicle emblems. Why? They don’t have rights to use that therefore it has to be covered.

Ferrari, I believe, has a leg to stand on.

Sent from your mom’s iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Except I don’t think you are quite ready got on this.

Essentially Ferrari can say that Joe Shittyshoes is using Ferrari’s image and likeness to promote his brand and has done so without their permission. Which, I am fairly certain is illegal.

Look at the commercials that blackout vehicle emblems. Why? They don’t have rights to use that therefore it has to be covered.

Ferrari, I believe, has a leg to stand on.

Sent from your mom’s iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I disagree. He's not making commercials, he's just posting pictures on IG. It's also not exclusively Ferrari, he has pictures of boats, Lamborghinis, Rolls, Benz and other exotic cars and things.

Brands get covered up in commercials and TV/Movies because the brand didn't pay for the product placement. Content producers are not in the habit of giving out free advertisements.

By your logic any car review magazine, car show (1320 Video) or even web forum is up shits creek. Guys are making money off these brands by hosting, showing and modifying these cars. Hell, let's go after HP Tuners and SCT, they've illegally violated software useage laws by hacking OEM software.

If Ferrari wants a more down to earth and modest owner to flaunt their cars, maybe they should sponsor me and send me a few cars.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
do you agree or disagree, people should be able to post whatever pics they want, within reason ?

I don't see anything "outrageous" with the pics that would cause Ferrari to lose money ...
I agree that once they take legal possession they should have the freedom to post pics of their cars yes.

I do look down on people who whore out their high end items while turning them over every 3 months for monetary gain.

Users who are viewing this thread