Few new pictures of the Cobra

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Couple of pictures post wash and showcasing some of the new paint and body work. This has been my project car since selling my Boss 302 earlier this year. Taken with my cell, so not the best quality.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Thank you gentlemen. The car had some paint and body work on a few panels, and the rest of the car got a full paint correction from a local detailer.

I would love some HREs, but I'm tapped out $$ wise for a bit on this car. Also recently did MMR imrc deletes, sct tuner, 4.56 gears, pro 5.0 shifter, o/r mid pipe, injection service, etc. etc.

I am a quasi MACA member. I've been to a few events with MACA.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thank you gentlemen. The car had some paint and body work on a few panels, and the rest of the car got a full paint correction from a local detailer.

I would love some HREs, but I'm tapped out $$ wise for a bit on this car. Also recently did MMR imrc deletes, sct tuner, 4.56 gears, pro 5.0 shifter, o/r mid pipe, injection service, etc. etc.

I am a quasi MACA member. I've been to a few events with MACA.

How much was the paint correction? How much of a difference did it make?

Last edited:

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Paint correction was around $200. Night and day difference. Here is a 50/50 shot showing just how much of a difference:

image.jpg

Woah!!!! What a difference !!! Totally worth the $200!! My paint is like 90℅ perfect but has a few swirls hidden in the paint from what I'm assuming was from a car wash from the last owner. I was hoping polish might help the swirls but after seeing what a difference your paint looks with 200$ I most definitely want to try it.

Is the blotchy spot on the "before" side clean but sun damaged? The white specs in the black are throwing me off.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Yes, the car was washed very well before he took that photo. The paint didn't look nearly that bad in person, but when he took the photo with the flash, it really highlighted the flaws. You may think your paint is good, but put it inside under florescent lights, then take a photo with the flash on. You might just scare yourself.

This was the best money Ive spent on my car so far.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Paint correction was around $200. Night and day difference. Here is a 50/50 shot showing just how much of a difference:

image.jpg

Yes, the car was washed very well before he took that photo. The paint didn't look nearly that bad in person, but when he took the photo with the flash, it really highlighted the flaws. You may think your paint is good, but put it inside under florescent lights, then take a photo with the flash on. You might just scare yourself.

This was the best money Ive spent on my car so far.

Sweet definitely going to do this. So crazy how well it fixed the sun damage !(that is sun damage right?) Do you feel the paint correction would also eliminate swirls and tiny clear coat scratches? Might even do a paint correction on my daily driven sn95. She sits outside all year so she really takes a beating

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Yes. A good correction will eliminate any swirls or light clear coat scratches. My paint had tons of swirls on every panel and lots of light scratches, and now the paint looks nearly flawless.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Yes. A good correction will eliminate any swirls or light clear coat scratches. My paint had tons of swirls on every panel and lots of light scratches, and now the paint looks nearly flawless.

+1 thanks brotherman looks like I'm shelling out 400 bucks for both of the sn95s soon! 1000℅ worth it!!! Your results are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread