Few pics of the new economy ride....

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Picked this up the other day, actually for the fiancee to drive for now. Its a 98 Golf GTi (VR6). Just has 54k miles on it, its a 2 owner car and its pristine for the year model. Got lucky to find it with such low miles and unabused. It is bone stock. Tint, lower, intake/exhaust....normal stuff. Maybe a turbo down the road....

Here are a few crappy pics...didn't feel like driving out for good lighting just to take pics of a VW. :lol:

lightning017.jpg

lightning018.jpg

lightning019.jpg

lightning021.jpg

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Awesome!!! those are great cars man... I had a 98 VR6 jetta and it was bulletproof, AND fun as hell to drive... Great find!

mhemsley

Established Member
You shoulda found an SVT Focus

I know, the VW is fun, but you shoulda found yourself an SVT Focus. I've owned a lot of cars, and the Focus is the second most fun to drive after my '66 GT-350 - very different, but serious fun.

So, all you guys thinking about fun + mileage, I get 30 mpg at 80 mph in my Focus, and I seldom get less than 25 mpg, even when I'm in town and using the gears the way they should be used.

When you hit 3000rpm, this car scoots!

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I am sure money played into not looking for a newer car. He is getting married somewhat soon. Thats a great car and even better for the price he paid

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Yeah, the price was right thats for sure. Lets just say it was below $6k. Awesome find, and the seller wanted it gone so he could move on and buy a new car (new Audi RS4).

I'd rather have this thing over an SVT Focus. Much more potential in my opinion, and I have always wanted one since driving my cousins 350horse mk2 GTi turbo a few years ago.

Now instead of driving my Lightning everywhere at night time, we can hop in the VW and do what we need to. She currently has a 98 Mazda B2500 (ranger) and my lanky ass can't fit in it too comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread