FGT - Then vs. Now

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That video wasn't even worth watching honestly.

I will look forward to videos once the car is actually in a production state and auto blogs/magazines get a hold of them. What is interesting is how tiny they are when someone is standing beside them.

DaBigBone

Established Member
New one looks amazing but the sound it produces is no comparison to the old one

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That video wasn't even worth watching honestly.

I will look forward to videos once the car is actually in a production state and auto blogs/magazines get a hold of them. What is interesting is how tiny they are when someone is standing beside them.

To be fair, that was a terrible video.

The V8 sounds better, that's a given, but the EB sounds better than I would have expected. It moved from a muscle car sound to a super car sound, more exotic.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I guess I don't understand the switch to a V6. The original GT40s were V8s, the 2005 Ford GT was a V8 and then they switched to a V6. Car is still amazing and they will sell every last one of them. Easily the finest American car ever.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How many times must this be said?

They switched to a V6 for class purposes.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Also, all the new ones in the video have stock exhaust, was the exhaust on the black one stock?

How many times must this be said?

They switched to a V6 for class purposes.

Which class? Isn't in a class with a NA V8 vette, Turbo V8 Ferrari and one other that escapes me right now.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I like the sound of both. I like the looks of this gen FAR better. The v8 will always sound better but times they are a changin when looking at performance.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They switched to a v6 because of all the success the daytona prototype had with an eco boost v6. This is a new formula for ford. This isn't like gm racing v8s for decades. The TT V6 is relatively new and it kicked ass. Its also a response to getting better mpg in an overall light weight package, along with cafe regulations so the PR for eco boost is helping ford advertise itself. V8 performance in a v6 package.

Blown 89

Established Member
I prefer the looks of the old one to be honest. The new one is slick but I have to say, I like that the old one is a little truer to the original. You can't beat the V8's exhaust either. I'm sure the new FGT drives much nicer but I haven't driven the new one so looks and sound are the extent of my opinion

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Video was biased as ****. Those 2005 Ford GT's had aftermarket exhausts and all you heard was start up from the 2017. I like both but that video was shit.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
The 17 FGT looks amazing in person. I'm sure the ecoboost delivers the mail but my god it would be sick with a loud V8.

Users who are viewing this thread