Fidanza flywheel question

mhunsr

Established Member
Is anyone running a Fidanza aluminum flywheel in a GT500? I am replacing the clutch in my 07 GT500 and looking at the Fidanza for cost and it is rebuildable. I am replacing the clutch with the McLeod RST.

Any thoughts? Advise?

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I just put in an RST in my 2008 last week. I love it so far. Further reports in a thread later. Why wouldn't you put in a McLeod flywheel? I always like matched compnents. They're engineered for each other. Most of the members with McLeods use the RXT. If you plan to drag or track it, the RXT is a better choice. I used the RST because I'm old and feeble and will never see competition.

Make sure you use the latest slave cylinder and fluid tube plus a new pilot bearing (Ford calls it a sleeve).

Steve

Last edited:

mhunsr

Established Member
I like the matched components also normally. The price on the Fidanza is $170 lower than the McLeod flywheel, alot of the older cars use the Fidanza wheel and it has a replacable friction plate which is a steel insert. I bought a new slave cylinder and pilot bearing plus an upgraded stainless steel JHR fluid line. i am trying to improve the parts without breaking the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread