Final Inspection

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Well, tonight was the final inspection for my engine build. I am concern with only one thing. The damn timing chains being on correctly. I may either be off a tooth or worse, a few teeth. I can not really tell. I followed the instructions in my manual. I had someone put their hands over the intake ports on the cylinder heads and we got on heck of a suction. This makes me feel alot better but I still worry. I have rotated the crank be hand a few times. Nothing locks up. It turns freely, thank god. That is only by hand though. I am concerned that when it comes time to fire it up that something may go wrong. The speed difference between my hands and the engine idle may have the valves bouncing off the pistons. Maybe that may happen at a high rpm. I am nervous as hell, can you tell? My camshafts are still worn but I used them again. One other thing that caught my attention was th fact that when I was turning by hand I could hear the compression from the cylinder coming through the bottom, but very slowly. I believe that this is normal. Also, either my valve seats maybe bad but I thought I heard some compression coming through the intake valve. Maybe it's just me. Did I setup the timing chain wrong? The passenger side cam @ 11 and the drivers side @ 12 o'clock?? Correct? Alright, I am going to stop here and take a shower and go to sleep. Have to pick up a few minor pieces tomorrow and hopefully by then someone on here can calm me down before I attempt to put the engine back in.:whine: :( :cryying: :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread